Mt Denali

Posted by AndrewThomas on Tue Sep 15, 2015 6:26 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
Just returned last week from a trip to Alaska and the US where we made it to the last 3 parks...so have now visited all 59 USA National Parks. (Its a long way from Australia!). We did the last 3 parks in Alaska, 2 nights camping in Kobuk Valley, 3 nights camping in Gates of the Arctic and  4 nights at Denali, 2 of them camping at Wonder Lake where we treated to this memorable view of the mountain that only 1 in 3 get to see. At 20,320 feet it gives you an idea of the size of the cloud that strangely formed out of nowhere. And they have just re-named the mountain from Mt McKinley to Mt Denali

Posted by:
AndrewThomas
Forum Contributor

by SMB on Wed Sep 16, 2015 4:12 pm
SMB
Forum Contributor
Makes me a little ashamed that I may have made it to double digits in Nat. Parks and someone all the way from Australia has seen all our parks! Well done.
Nice image of our highest peak. The sky is great and the random cloud pointing to the mountain adds a lot to the image.
Stan

by AndrewThomas on Wed Sep 16, 2015 5:37 pm
AndrewThomas
Forum Contributor
SMB wrote:Makes me a little ashamed that I may have made it to double digits in Nat. Parks and someone all the way from Australia has seen all our parks! Well done.
Nice image of our highest peak. The sky is great and the random cloud pointing to the mountain adds a lot to the image.
Thanks Stan...if it makes you feel any better, I have seen very little of Australia's National Parks!

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Sep 18, 2015 7:09 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
You are lucky to have gotten such a clear look at Denali. I've made numerous trips to AK and never once has it revealed itself.

by John Labrenz on Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:58 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
An amazing mtn...and a wild cloud too!

by Wade Thorson on Sat Sep 19, 2015 8:28 pm
Wade Thorson
Forum Contributor
Very cool, and the cloud makes the shot.
"One touch of nature makes the whole world kin."
                 -Shakespeare Troilus and Cressida

Alpine Imaging | Wade Thorson Photography

by Gary Briney on Sun Sep 20, 2015 8:19 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Stunning pano -- I might be tempted to crop off the dark band at the bottom. Terrific clouds!
G. Briney

7 posts |