Johnston Canyon Cascade

Posted by E.J. Peiker on Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:09 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Johnston Canyon Cascade - Alberta
D800E, 24-70mm @ 66mm, ISO 100, f/5.6, 0.6s

Please click on image to see against a darker background.

Posted by:
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002

by John Labrenz on Wed Mar 11, 2015 8:17 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Love the water tex...and of course the glacial rock flour colors.

by DON RAILTON on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:25 pm
DON RAILTON
Forum Contributor
Hi EJ..

I am curious to know your thoughts on why you cropped off the corner of the stream top LHS... I presume you thought there was no loss to the image in this crop which is why you did it... I ask because I think I would have wanted to include it if I was taking the photo, which would reduce the mass of the (i feel) overly dominant FG rock visible to the right of this image. Having said that I do like the image as presented and now I wonder if that cropped corner is significant or not...

regards

DON

by Dick Ginkowski on Wed Mar 11, 2015 11:46 pm
Dick Ginkowski
Forum Contributor
I like this. Johnston Canyon is a neat place and each time I am there what seemingly is the same place photographs differently. I regret that I haven't been there lately.
Dick Ginkowski
[url]http://www.pbase.com/dickg/[/url]

by E.J. Peiker on Sat Mar 14, 2015 5:09 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
DON RAILTON wrote:Hi EJ..

I am curious to know your thoughts on why you cropped off the corner of the stream top LHS... I presume you thought there was no loss to the image in this crop which is why you did it... I ask because I think I would have wanted to include it if I was taking the photo, which would reduce the mass of the (i feel) overly dominant FG rock visible to the right of this image. Having said that I do like the image as presented and now I wonder if that cropped corner is significant or not...

regards

DON
I took a wider shot as well but preferred this one in the end :)

by DON RAILTON on Sun Mar 15, 2015 11:12 pm
DON RAILTON
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:
DON RAILTON wrote:Hi EJ..

regards

DON
I took a wider shot as well but preferred this one in the end :)
Thanks for letting me know...

6 posts |