Thawing

Posted by Luzestelar on Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:00 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Here in Asturias thaw has begun and the streams are full of water. At the start of this afternoon around the cliffs the fog was very thick and beautiful but when the sky opened almost disappeared :x

Canon 5DIII, Canon 17-40 mm f4L, ISO 50, CPL. Manual blending of three exposures. Please see larger version
Jose Fernandez
Web: http://josefernandezgarcia.com

Posted by:
Luzestelar
Forum Contributor

by James W. Milligan on Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:08 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
The texture in the water is just right for this image,it seems to add a bit of ruggedness to the image. The waterfall is another interesting element,well done. Nice to see it is thawing somewhere in the world.

by Diane Miller on Sun Mar 01, 2015 5:49 pm
Diane Miller
Forum Contributor
This is a wonderful scene! I love the effect of the slow shutter speed on the water.

I think I might like to see a little more "structure" in the far cliffs and maybe a little more detail in the dark one in the upper left.

by Chris Kayler on Sun Mar 01, 2015 9:08 pm
Chris Kayler
Forum Contributor
Nice one, Jose. I can't help but feel that it could use a counter clockwise rotation, but perhaps its just the natural slope of the beach and land. The light is very pretty, and the waterfall adds a nice but small touch. I particularly like the look of the distant cliffs with the lingering fog. I also like how the fog is just a bit thicker directly over the ocean. The composition is nice, with perhaps just a touch more space on right needed in my eyes, as it does feel a touch cramped. Overall a good shot.

by John Labrenz on Mon Mar 02, 2015 8:06 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
I like it!
Lots to look at....Excellent water, love the rising fog, neat waterfall.

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Mar 05, 2015 7:52 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Beautiful and I love the ethereal feel created by the mist. My only wish would be to open up the area of the waterfall just a slight bit so that it isn't so muted.

6 posts |