D80
tokina 11-16

Posted by:
João Quintela
Forum Contributor

by Chris Kayler on Fri Jan 16, 2015 10:02 am
Chris Kayler
Forum Contributor
Good morning, João. This one, for me, comes close to being really nice but a few things keep it down. First and foremost, I think that the proportion of land is a bit off. The tiny little bit of land above the horizon just seems like it is taking away from the composition instead of adding. I also find that bit of land to be way too dark and unnatural looking. Feel free to ignore this suggestion as it goes completely against what you've presented here, but with the bits of land not being a huge part of the image I'd almost rather just see an image with only sky and water, and enjoy the beautiful colors and tones throughout them.

by jerryb on Fri Jan 16, 2015 9:15 pm
jerryb
Forum Contributor
I too am drawn to the subtle differences between the blues of the water and sky.
Larger sized samples of my work can be seen on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JerryBarnettPhoto

by joao quintela on Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:27 pm
joao quintela
Forum Contributor
Chris Kayler wrote:Good morning, João. This one, for me, comes close to being really nice but a few things keep it down. First and foremost, I think that the proportion of land is a bit off. The tiny little bit of land above the horizon just seems like it is taking away from the composition instead of adding. I also find that bit of land to be way too dark and unnatural looking. Feel free to ignore this suggestion as it goes completely against what you've presented here, but with the bits of land not being a huge part of the image I'd almost rather just see an image with only sky and water, and enjoy the beautiful colors and tones throughout them.

I really appreciated your input 

by John Labrenz on Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:33 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
I like the feeling of solitude in this....nice.

5 posts |