Connemara

Posted by Peter McCabe on Fri Dec 05, 2014 9:36 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
Another Irish seascape taken during the Connemara Ireland workshop I ran in 2014. The views look back across Mannin Bay towards the 12 Bens.
Peter Mc Cabe - Landscape Photographer Website Facebook YouTube

Posted by:
Peter McCabe
Forum Contributor
Member #:01046

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:57 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Love the mood and colors. As you know I'm not a big fan of the heavy vignetting! :)

by John Labrenz on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:45 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Nice one Peter.
Agreed re the vignetting.

by Chris Kayler on Sat Dec 06, 2014 12:01 pm
Chris Kayler
Forum Contributor
Hi Peter! Love the soft pastel colors throughout this scene. I didn't notice it at first, but that rainbow is a wonderful touch. I think the composition is nice and simple and lends well to the overall feeling of the image, though I might like it a bit better just a few steps back or a few mm's wider. I don't hate vignetting, and add it myself to my own images, but I'd like to see it just a bit less for this specific image as I think it contradicts the peaceful feeling I get from it. Not too much less, just a bit!

by Peter McCabe on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:36 pm
Peter McCabe
Forum Contributor
E.J. Peiker wrote:Love the mood and colors.  As you know I'm not a big fan of the heavy vignetting! :)
Thanks for the comments EJ. Im going through a but of a vignetting phase at the moment. My wife asks if Im depressed  :) , and she will start to worry if I try an chop an ear off .

by Peter McCabe on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:37 pm
Peter McCabe
Forum Contributor
Chris Kayler wrote:Hi Peter! Love the soft pastel colors throughout this scene. I didn't notice it at first, but that rainbow is a wonderful touch. I think the composition is nice and simple and lends well to the overall feeling of the image, though I might like it a bit better just a few steps back or a few mm's wider. I don't hate vignetting, and add it myself to my own images, but I'd like to see it just a bit less for this specific image as I think it contradicts the peaceful feeling I get from it. Not too much less, just a bit!
Thanks you for the detailed feedback Chris, always enjoy reading what you have to say.

by Jens Peermann on Sun Dec 07, 2014 12:16 am
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
Wonderful composition with the foreground element leading into the image and the abstract splashes of color in the sky.
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

by crw816 on Mon Dec 08, 2014 8:16 pm
crw816
Forum Contributor
This has a very surreal feel to it. The colors and the subtle rainbow are really nice. was this a really long shutter speed?
Chris White
www.whitephotogallery.com

8 posts |