Forest Interior

Posted by Svein-Frode on Wed Sep 10, 2014 2:03 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
I'm currently working on a few prints from my medium format archive and will be sharing some old favorites from my analogue period.

This image was captured with a Hasselblad 501 and 80mm lens on Velvia. Typical Arctic birch forest interior.

I really miss working with a manual camera. It made me feel so much more connected to the things I photographed. The slow working pace and expense of film meant that all my hikes were as much about "being in nature" as they were about photography. I would work a scene for a long time before even setting up the camera and tripod, and once I had released the shutter I knew that it would be a few weeks before I'd see the results. And what an exciting moment it was when my developed films arrived in the mail and I could unroll the 12 6x6 frames and looked at them on the light table. Pure bliss...
Svein-Frode

Posted by:
Svein-Frode
Lifetime Member
Member #:00152

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Sep 11, 2014 9:09 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Different and interesting.

by John Labrenz on Fri Sep 12, 2014 11:32 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Nice forest scene!

by Svein-Frode on Sat Sep 13, 2014 12:07 pm
Svein-Frode
Lifetime Member
Member #:00152
It looks spectacular in print. This is where a busy scene like this really shines. Have made this one into a 70cm x 70cm mounted on a thin cardboard plate before framing. It is part of a tripthyc from the same area.
Svein-Frode

by CactusD on Wed Sep 17, 2014 1:10 pm
CactusD
Forum Contributor
Location: Ideally, halfway up a Greek mountain, or in the northern British landscape; otherwise, Banbury, UK
I like this a lot.
You should check out Ben Horne's website for musings on fully manual landscape photography, if you don't know of it already:
http://benhorne.wordpress.com
"The Sun is God."  J. M. W. Turner

Large Format Photography Website

5 posts |