Ammer (Bavaria)

Posted by Markus Jais on Tue Aug 19, 2014 3:22 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Quite famours, the so called "Ammerschlucht" about 1 hour south-west of Munich.

"Ammer" is the name of the river, "Schlucht" means gorge. 

EOS 1DX, EF 4/16-35L IS @25mm, tripod, mirror-lock-up.
Polarizer, ND-filter (3 stops)
ISO 50, 5s, f13.

Just got a new monitor, so colors may be a bit off.

Posted by:
Markus Jais
Lifetime Member
Member #:01791

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Aug 20, 2014 8:30 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I should have checked this out when I was there. I was right in the area. Is this out flow from the Ammersee?

by Markus Jais on Thu Aug 21, 2014 12:24 am
Markus Jais
Lifetime Member
E.J. Peiker wrote:I should have checked this out when I was there.  I was right in the area.  Is this out flow from the Ammersee?
Further south. The place is called "Scheibum" and the next village is callled Saulgrub.

Once the river is out of the Ammersee the name changes to Amper

Markus

by John Labrenz on Fri Aug 22, 2014 1:07 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Very nice, although my personal preference would be for a little more texture in the water.

by Chris Kayler on Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:22 pm
Chris Kayler
Forum Contributor
Hi Markus,

I'm viewing this one after the previous one of this location that I just critiqued.

With that comparison in mind, this one feels a bit truncated and close for my tastes. I really enjoyed the vast and serene look of the scene in the other photo, and this one doesn't really showcase that as much. Colors look good, but perhaps a little on the cyan / green / cool side. Certainly within the realm of personal processing style, but just thought I'd mention it now that I know you got a new monitor. Composition is nice, making that diagonal all the way through starting with the bank of the rocks, the shape of the rapids, and the rocks on the right side of the frame. Just desire a bit more breathing room all around.

by Markus Jais on Sun Aug 24, 2014 2:38 pm
Markus Jais
Lifetime Member
Chris Kayler wrote:Hi Markus,

I'm viewing this one after the previous one of this location that I just critiqued.

With that comparison in mind, this one feels a bit truncated and close for my tastes. I really enjoyed the vast and serene look of the scene in the other photo, and this one doesn't really showcase that as much. Colors look good, but perhaps a little on the cyan / green / cool side. Certainly within the realm of personal processing style, but just thought I'd mention it now that I know you got a new monitor. Composition is nice, making that diagonal all the way through starting with the bank of the rocks, the shape of the rapids, and the rocks on the right side of the frame. Just desire a bit more breathing room all around.

Hi Chris,

thanks for your comment. Very helpful. I struggled a bit with this one :-)
So many possibilities. One could spend the whole day there and I will return soon.
I think I have one with a wider view. Just get access it right now.

Markus

6 posts |