Lower Antelope Canyon

Posted by James W. Milligan on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:13 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
I am trying to find the one image,amongst many,that really says it all. So far I, like them all. 

Posted by:
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249

by Peter Ireland on Mon Jul 21, 2014 2:30 pm
Peter Ireland
Forum Contributor
Member #:01589
Love the texture of the rock, also the light.

by SantaFeJoe on Mon Jul 21, 2014 3:11 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Truly, one of the finest images I have seen of Antelope Canyon, and I've seen hundreds! Reminds me of a flame. Nice exposure, detail and variety of colors.

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Gary Briney on Mon Jul 21, 2014 5:31 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Stunning image --- I really like the composition. The twist in the upper right is exceptionally nice.
G. Briney

by jerryb on Mon Jul 21, 2014 9:11 pm
jerryb
Forum Contributor
Very nice lines.
Larger sized samples of my work can be seen on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JerryBarnettPhoto

by Chris Kayler on Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:24 am
Chris Kayler
Forum Contributor
I dig it, James. Love the special rock outcropping in the upper middle. I also particularly like the intense glow in the bottom left of the image, as well as the subtle rimlighting that is produced there. Processing wise, I think that the exposure is handled beautifully, but that the details appear a little crunchy. This is particularly noticeable in the upper right. I would personally back off on the sharpening just a tad.

by James W. Milligan on Tue Jul 22, 2014 12:24 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Chris Kayler wrote:I dig it, James. Love the special rock outcropping in the upper middle. I also particularly like the intense glow in the bottom left of the image, as well as the subtle rimlighting that is produced there. Processing wise, I think that the exposure is handled beautifully, but that the details appear a little crunchy. This is particularly noticeable in the upper right. I would personally back off on the sharpening just a tad.

Chris,thanks for the input. I am noticing that the appearance of over sharpening  is the result of to much clarity. I will look at this a bit more closely .

by John Labrenz on Wed Jul 23, 2014 12:19 am
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Beautiful!
I echo Chris' thoughts...esp noticeable in the upper right of the frame.

by James W. Milligan on Wed Jul 23, 2014 8:23 am
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
John Labrenz wrote:Beautiful!
I echo Chris' thoughts...esp noticeable in the upper right of the frame.
I went back and looked at the raw file and the upper right area is "crunchy" without any type of sharpening. What we see is an exposed material in this layer of sandstone. Since the sediment is exposed ,it appears to be accentuated when sharpened and or the addition of clarity. I took some time to crop that area and blow it up,you have to love the a7R, and the expoed material really stands out. Thanks for your comments-made me take a closer look at my post processing.

9 posts |