... Pura Batu Bolong ...

Posted by the painter on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:07 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
The last sunset of the Bali trip, the place was simply amazing to be in, many gathered there to enjoy the beauty of nature. There was no luck for us at Tanah Lot as tide was rising fast but am glad it was alright over at this side... in a way
It took me awhile to find this spot, once set up, I stayed there throughout the entire lights down. The waves was unbelievably strong! It almost took my setup, water crashes in almost to my camera. I'm just happy mother nature was kind enough to let me finish what I had to do...
Details:
Focal- 17mm
Iso-50
fstop-8
shutter from 1/30-30s to catch the movements of the waves that I wanted
post- digital blending of 7 images to recover details for the temple, enhance the lights on the rock as well as blending in the waves movement that I wanted

Posted by:
the painter
Forum Contributor

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Jun 29, 2014 1:01 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
I really like the angle of the shot. Top part might be just a tad on the bright side.

by Jerry Merrell on Sun Jun 29, 2014 3:46 pm
Jerry Merrell
Lifetime Member
Member #:00210
Jasper, this is nicely composed and I especially like the location of the sunset. I too would consider darkening the sky.

Jerry
Jerry Merrell

by John Labrenz on Sun Jun 29, 2014 7:30 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Nicely composed!
Yes, a bit on the bright side.

by the painter on Tue Jul 08, 2014 11:31 am
the painter
Forum Contributor
thanks all for the feedbacks! I was gg for a brighter cleaner look for this piece, think I pushed it a little too much. Will take note of that next time. Thanks all again for taking time to check it, appreciate the honest words =)

5 posts |