Santa Cruz Sunset

Posted by Benknoot on Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:46 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
Found a nice modest spot to try some sunset photos. 
More can be seen on my site.
Ben Knoot
Age 18

http://www.benknoot.com

Posted by:
Benknoot
Forum Contributor

by rnclark on Sat Apr 19, 2014 9:13 am
rnclark
Lifetime Member
Member #:01978
Hello Ben,
Very pretty image. Well exposed. I wish I had such a nice image when I was 17. You have a nice leading line with the channel going up to the middle of the frame, which leads us to the open ocean. But then my eye wanders a bit. It would have been nice if there was an interesting cloud there, but instead the interesting clouds are on the edges of the frame. It looks like you live close by so can visit other sunsets. It looks like a great location. Some other suggestions: there is a dust spec (correct?) in the water in the lower left corner. The image needs a little sharpening, especially to make the structure in the rocks pop. If the rocks pop, that would be the center of interest, not the leading line up to the clouds. If so, then I would trim a little off the sky, and add a little contrast to the sky. Next time (or maybe you did already), try a landscape orientation, as the rocks are the center of attention. Also the rock on the horizon on the left edge is a little cut off too much for my tastes; but yours may be different.

Roger

by John Labrenz on Sun Apr 20, 2014 11:15 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Nice one Ben.
An xlt critique by mclark!

3 posts |