Pogonip Fog Over Mono Lake Eastern Sier6ra

Posted by Danielmb6 on Sun Mar 23, 2014 6:14 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Pogonip Fog is a semi-rare ocurrance that requires the right combination of water and temperature. I waited on a cold day for the sun to warm the air enough for the fog top list partially. Eventually, that is what happened at Mono Lake and this photo is the result of my patience.

Posted by:
Danielmb6
Forum Contributor

by James W. Milligan on Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:57 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
A very nice documentation of this unusually atmospheric event. IMHO, I might try to crop out some of the white foreground or burn it in a bit, other than that it is a image well worth your patience.

by steve mackay on Tue Mar 25, 2014 3:22 pm
steve mackay
Forum Contributor
Hi Daniel

A wonderful scene and nice photo!....not sure if you are looking for critique?, but in my humble opinion, I would say it is slightly tilted, some of the highlights are very bright (horizon left and foreground) and it appears to be suffering quite a lot from Jpeg compression......I've just looked at your other landscapes, they are all excellent!........so I hope you don't think i'm being rude/ripping your image?, as that's not the case, just some observations, what do you reckon? :)
[url=http://www2.clikpic.com/mackay123/index.html][color=#000000]Steve Mackay Photography[/color][/url]

by Jens Peermann on Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:53 am
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
Great scene but the softness of the image dilutes the impact.
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

by John Labrenz on Wed Mar 26, 2014 11:31 pm
John Labrenz
Member #:01304
Agree fully with Steve's comments...esp the jpg compression.

by Danielmb6 on Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:11 am
Danielmb6
Forum Contributor
steve mackay wrote:Hi Daniel

A wonderful scene and nice photo!....not sure if you are looking for critique?, but in my humble opinion, I would say it is slightly tilted, some of the highlights are very bright (horizon left and foreground) and it appears to be suffering quite a lot from Jpeg compression......I've just looked at your other landscapes, they are all excellent!........so I hope you don't think i'm being rude/ripping your image?, as that's not the case, just some observations, what do you reckon? :)
Steve..

Not much I can do about JPEG compression since the site requires JPEGs. All my images are much large TIFF sizes.

6 posts |