Eternal Vigilance

Posted by DeEldor on Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:48 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
Two image composite and added texture. The foreground bird was photographed several years ago along the Mississippi river in Iowa. The background eagle was photographed in Montana in 2006. 
"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again."
~Henri Cartier-Bresson

Posted by:
DeEldor
Forum Contributor

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Dec 06, 2015 11:22 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Hi- I really like this well put-together piece-very nice background and composition. It tells an interesting story, with pleasing colors and shapes. The only thing I find not quite convincing is the relative size of the 2 Eagles. I think the perspective is deceptive, as the smaller bird is probably farther away than it seems, but to my eye it is on the small side. That said, it is purely my personal view- the work is really quite fine, and I could see it another way on another day!

Thanks for posting.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by DeEldor on Sun Dec 06, 2015 2:22 pm
DeEldor
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Hi- I really like this well put-together piece-very nice background and composition. It tells an interesting story, with pleasing colors and shapes.  The only thing I find not quite convincing is the relative size of the 2 Eagles. I think the perspective is deceptive, as the smaller bird is probably farther away than it seems, but to my eye it is on the small side.  That said, it is purely my personal view- the work is really quite fine, and I could see it another way on another day!

Thanks for posting.
Thanks for that observation, Cindy. I will definitely look at it and see if it warrants an adjustment.

Blessings!
D.
"Photographers deal in things which are continually vanishing and when they have vanished there is no contrivance on earth which can make them come back again."
~Henri Cartier-Bresson

by Gary Briney on Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:43 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Very nice composite -- I share Cindy's view on the size of the second bird.
G. Briney

4 posts |