Classic Owl and Moon

Posted by Ed McAskill on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:03 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
This is one of my favorite composites. I give these out as gifts to friends and family

Posted by:
Ed McAskill
Forum Contributor

by Diane Miller on Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:38 pm
Diane Miller
Forum Contributor
Beautiful!! Very well done!

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:17 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
That's gorgeous, Ed- I can see why you love to give this one to people-I would too. I like how the owl matches the moon, and the black sky accents everything so well. The Great Horned Owls here in Vermont are usually much browner- that is a beautiful color/morph. My (Stokes) book says "Pacific Coast" for this color, although perhaps they get greyer here too, in the winter. Where did you see it?
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Ed McAskill on Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:38 pm
Ed McAskill
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:That's gorgeous, Ed- I can see why you love to give this one to people-I would too. I like how the owl matches the moon, and the black sky accents everything so well. The Great Horned Owls here in Vermont are usually much browner- that is a beautiful color/morph. My (Stokes) book says "Pacific Coast" for this color, although perhaps they get greyer here too,  in the winter. Where did you see it?
From what I have learned its a Snyders Northern Great Horned Owl. Apparently the further north you go the brighter they get. This one is in a rehab centre for injured birds and has nicely healed from injury.

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:54 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Ed McAskill wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:That's gorgeous, Ed- I can see why you love to give this one to people-I would too. I like how the owl matches the moon, and the black sky accents everything so well. The Great Horned Owls here in Vermont are usually much browner- that is a beautiful color/morph. My (Stokes) book says "Pacific Coast" for this color, although perhaps they get greyer here too,  in the winter. Where did you see it?
From what I have learned its a Snyders Northern Great Horned Owl. Apparently the further north you go the brighter they get. This one is in a rehab centre for injured birds and has nicely healed from injury.
Aah- have not heard that term. Thanks for the info.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Gary Briney on Mon Dec 07, 2015 12:39 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
A beauty!
G. Briney

6 posts |