Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Neatly done -- I love it!
G. Briney

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Oct 02, 2015 8:29 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Background is really lovely- has a wonderful texture. A very old-postcard-like feel to it. Butterfly and clover are very well rendered. Would love to hear how you did this.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Rumbaugh Photography on Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:16 am
Rumbaugh Photography
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Background is really lovely- has a wonderful texture. A very old-postcard-like feel to it. Butterfly and clover are very well rendered. Would love to hear how you did this.
Hello Cynthia,

Thank you!  I placed the first texture over image and decreased the opacity(so I could see butterfly and flower) and applied a mask so that I could brush texture off the subject.  I then increased opacity and used a soft brush to brush the texture on in some areas and off in others, using different opacity levels with the brush.  I did some dodging and burning to the subject and then applied a second texture in 'overlay' mode.  I then removed the texture (keeping the hues/tones of the texture) by choosing the subject with the lasso tool then making sure I was on the 'texture' layer I choose Filter-->Blur-->Average and that removes any texture over the subject but keeps the tones of that texture to help blend.  (I use latest version of CC/PS).  I hope that helps!

Angela

4 posts |