…and then the trouble began

Posted by Len Romanick on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:12 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Think you're having a bad night?
A juvenile night crawler wandering out above ground late at night inadvertently becomes an interloper in the territory of a male cicada killer…
and then the trouble began.
Len Romanick
LensAfield

Last edited by Len Romanick on Thu Mar 12, 2015 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Posted by:
Len Romanick
Forum Contributor

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Mar 10, 2015 7:20 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
What an unusual drama! An amazing capture. Excellent clarity-how on earth (literally) did you get this picture? Who won?
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Len Romanick on Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:51 pm
Len Romanick
Forum Contributor
LOL! Pop into my portfolio page...notice that this was posted under the "art" section, subcategorized as "surreal," which should be a tip-off about the nature of this image (I am new  here and find the categories a bit odd). If you still want to know more about this image I will happily provide detail if prompted!     :)
Len Romanick
LensAfield

Last edited by Len Romanick on Sun Mar 15, 2015 1:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Mar 11, 2015 5:40 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Len Romanick wrote:LOL! Pop into my portfolio page... and notice that this was posted under the the "art" section should be a tip-off about the nature of this image (I am new  here and find the categories a bit odd). If you still want to know more about this image I will happily provide detail if prompted!     :)
Hi Len. You're in the right place!  Anything odd works here. ;).  So.... I'm guessing this is maybe a composite?

We love to hear how people did things in this forum, especially since sometimes a lot of post-processing is more the  norm. It's fun to know about the process and we all learn.

Thanks for the entertainment!
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by jerryb on Wed Mar 11, 2015 7:52 am
jerryb
Forum Contributor
I can just see a "Godzilla vs Mothra" type battle. You must have used a ring or a multilight setup.
Larger sized samples of my work can be seen on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JerryBarnettPhoto

by Gary Briney on Fri Mar 13, 2015 8:00 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Interesting subjects -- I have a feeling the night crawler would come off second best.
G. Briney

6 posts |