Mount Moran Moose

Posted by jerryb on Fri Mar 06, 2015 4:58 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
 I combined two of my photos and made my impression of a bull moose in the fall. I moved the moose a couple of miles digitally to a more pleasing background. Photoshopped then painted in Corel Painter., and finished with Google NIK.
Larger sized samples of my work can be seen on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JerryBarnettPhoto

Posted by:
jerryb
Forum Contributor

by Cynthia Crawford on Fri Mar 06, 2015 5:37 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Nice move, so to speak. ;0. Wonderful painterly effects Jerry- you really have become a master at digital artwork. I can almost feel the textures.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Gary Briney on Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:19 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Cool impressionistic treatment
G. Briney

by jerryb on Fri Mar 06, 2015 10:02 pm
jerryb
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Nice move, so to speak. ;0.  Wonderful painterly effects Jerry- you really have become a master at digital artwork. I can almost feel the textures.

Corel painter has effects where you can make surface textures from impasto brush strokes to paper texture.
What I did here was applied surface texture based on brush strokes. You can control how high to raise and either raise the light strokes or the dark strokes. If you use layers and masks, you can raise each on a different layer and mask out or in the parts you want raised. Or you mask it back to a flat layer.
Larger sized samples of my work can be seen on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JerryBarnettPhoto

by Carol Clarke on Tue Mar 10, 2015 5:28 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
A little fuzzy for me (you already knew that) and I wish that sky wasn't such an intense blue - it comes forward to my eye and flattens the image overall, as does that bright foliage line behind the moose, rather than giving the feel of a distant bg vista - especially as the fg is much paler in colour.  My personal feeling is that the colour intensity would be improved if it faded backwards rather than intensified -  if you understand my ramblings! :oops:
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

5 posts |