Mule Deer Descending

Posted by jerryb on Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:41 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
Painted over my photo of a mule deer buck that was following a doe on a ridge in Colorado a couple of weeks ago. Edited with Photoshop and Nik, added canvas, manipulated with Topaz Impression and Corel Painter, than hand painted digitally with Corel Painter.
Larger sized samples of my work can be seen on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JerryBarnettPhoto

Posted by:
jerryb
Forum Contributor

by anandvdj on Wed Dec 03, 2014 10:34 am
anandvdj
Forum Contributor
Really nice! Like it...

by Gary Briney on Wed Dec 03, 2014 2:18 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Excellent painting Jerry -- I like the limited palette and dynamic character of the composition.
G. Briney

by Cynthia Crawford on Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:01 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Jerry, your paintings just get better and better. I love this one-great colors and just the right amount of abstraction. The angle of the deer really makes an interesting composition too. Only question I have is whether it would look better with a bit cropped off the bottom-say,just above your signature. I can understand wanting that space to be there too though. Perhaps add a little more dark brush in there, in that case. A really lovely piece, either way.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by jerryb on Thu Dec 04, 2014 7:38 am
jerryb
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Jerry, your paintings just get better and better. I love this one-great colors and just the right amount of abstraction. The angle of the deer really makes an interesting composition too. Only question I have is whether it would look better with a bit cropped off the bottom-say,just above your signature. I can understand wanting that space to be there too though. Perhaps add a little more dark brush in there, in that case. A really lovely piece, either way.

Thanks, other crop ratios do work. I try to paint some extra room around the outsides so different crop ratios can be used.
Larger sized samples of my work can be seen on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JerryBarnettPhoto

by Carol Clarke on Fri Dec 05, 2014 4:16 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
One of my favourites of your beautiful paintings Jerry, wonderful colours and composition, and an energy that is very appealing! This would be gorgeous framed to take pride of place on a wall.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ron Day on Sat Dec 06, 2014 2:14 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
This is excellent.  Great earth tones, nice painterly quality, and the composition works for me.

7 posts |