9 Point Pointillism

Posted by jerryb on Wed Oct 22, 2014 1:10 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
Digitally hand painted photo using Corel Painter. The digital brush had a paint dab like a little sponge made of dots. It is hard to see the little dots at this size. You can almost see them in the shadow box view. This is the same whitetail that I posted Oct. 12, as "Buck at Dusk."
Larger sized samples of my work can be seen on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JerryBarnettPhoto

Posted by:
jerryb
Forum Contributor

by Gary Briney on Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:52 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
I like the translucent appearance a lot Jerry -- is that mostly from the original or the treatment? By hitting <Ctrl><+> several times, I could see the effect you mention -- magnified in that way edges of the rack look a bit like a deckle edge. I wonder if this image could be blended over the original, or if it's an either/or situation. Very interesting effect!
G. Briney

by jerryb on Wed Oct 22, 2014 7:48 pm
jerryb
Forum Contributor
Gary Briney wrote:... I wonder if this image could be blended over the original, or if it's an either/or situation. ...

Yes, it could be blended with the original. There also are brushes and techniques in Corel Painter where the original can be brought back as much as you want; masks, opacity changes, blend modes, and some clone brushes. Corel Painter does have many editing filters. But I usually bring back the file from Corel to Photoshop to finalize it with even more editing that it can do. In this case I modified the original photo in Photoshop and Topaz Plugins before going to Corel Painter.
Here is the original that has been sharpened a lot. I missed the focus, but liked the pose with the head turned so I could see all the tines.
Larger sized samples of my work can be seen on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JerryBarnettPhoto

by Gary Briney on Wed Oct 22, 2014 8:46 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Jerry, Thanks much for the additional info! Gary
G. Briney

by Carol Clarke on Thu Oct 23, 2014 3:56 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Very ethereal, dreamy effect Jerry - it makes me think I'm looking at his reflection in a lake!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Jackie Schuknecht on Sun Oct 26, 2014 9:23 am
Jackie Schuknecht
Forum Contributor
I really like the painting effect you have achieved here Jerry, like a beautiful watercolour. Nicely done.
Visit my website at www.jackieschuknecht.com

by Cynthia Crawford on Sun Oct 26, 2014 10:41 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Very soft and appealing, Jerry- a nice watery effect.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

7 posts |