Sumac

Posted by jerryb on Wed Sep 24, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
Auto-painted with Topaz Impression. Then used Corel Painter to add texture based on image's tones. Edited with Photoshop. Not hand painted.

Topaz Impression has lots of presets for artistic looks and all can be manipulated with many sliders to get the look you want.
Larger sized samples of my work can be seen on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JerryBarnettPhoto

Posted by:
jerryb
Forum Contributor

by Gary Briney on Wed Sep 24, 2014 12:08 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
I love the color contrast, and attractive treatment.
G. Briney

by Vasanthi Balson on Thu Sep 25, 2014 10:42 am
Vasanthi Balson
Forum Contributor
Nice one Jerry.

The reviews for Impressions are really good. Glad you could try it.
"When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for the moment.
 I want to give that world to someone else."
-Georgia O'Keeffe

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Sep 25, 2014 11:54 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Very strong impression of impasto- quite the effect! Been trying to download like fun!load this for Mac....
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by jerryb on Thu Sep 25, 2014 2:44 pm
jerryb
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:Very strong impression of impasto- quite the effect! Been trying to download like fun!load this for Mac....

Topaz Impression has impasto settings, but in this case I brought it over to Corel Painter to use a tonal control filter to raise the light and darks. I did it once to raise the lights and once for the darks, then masked the areas I wanted raised.
Larger sized samples of my work can be seen on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JerryBarnettPhoto

by Carol Clarke on Thu Sep 25, 2014 4:33 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Nice work Jerry, although I am not too keen on the outward branching white V stems? going up to the edges below the flower, for some reason I wish they were much shorter, or at least toned down as they tend to dominate what I am seeing. If you see what I mean.  :oops:
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by PaiR on Thu Sep 25, 2014 9:20 pm
PaiR
Forum Contributor
Makes a bold statement..both the red color dominantly placed as well as the brush strokes.
Ram
A photograph is usually looked at – seldom looked into~Ansel Adams

by jerryb on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:06 am
jerryb
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:Nice work Jerry, although I am not too keen on the outward branching white V stems? going up to the edges below the flower, for some reason I wish they were much shorter, or at least toned down as they tend to dominate what I am seeing. If you see what I mean.  :oops:

The leaflet veins could easily be darkened or changed color by painting on a color in "Color blending mode" of Photoshop to maintain the other details. The sumac was from this week and the red glob is a seed head :D

by Carol Clarke on Fri Sep 26, 2014 10:45 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
jerryb wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:Nice work Jerry, although I am not too keen on the outward branching white V stems? going up to the edges below the flower, for some reason I wish they were much shorter, or at least toned down as they tend to dominate what I am seeing. If you see what I mean.  :oops:

The leaflet veins could easily be darkened or changed color by painting on a color in "Color blending mode" of Photoshop to maintain the other details. The sumac was from this week and the red glob is a seed head :D
Ha!  interesting to know, thanks Jerry - and you had me fooled!  :P
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

9 posts |