Wood Duck Emulsion Transfer

Posted by SantaFeJoe on Mon Sep 08, 2014 12:34 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
A Polaroid emulsion transfer of a Wood Duck. This type of image is made by exposing a slide onto Polaroid 669 film and separating the print from the chemical part of the film. The print is then soaked in water until the emulsion separates from the paper backing. A piece of art paper is placed in the water under the emulsion and is lifted out of the water. It can be wrinkled and played with as desired. Image was taken on a pond with the fall colors of cottonwood trees reflected on the water as a background for the duck.
Copyright Joe A. Roybal
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

Posted by:
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor

by Gary Briney on Mon Sep 08, 2014 1:27 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Cool transfer Joe -- the slight distortions add an interesting artistic effect, and of course the distinctive fall color adds a painterly touch.
G. Briney

by Cynthia Crawford on Tue Sep 09, 2014 11:16 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Another nice paint-like impressionistic creation- very creative. I like the crumples in the paper. Subtle colors are nice too.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by jerryb on Wed Sep 10, 2014 10:25 pm
jerryb
Forum Contributor
I too especially like the rolling along the edges of the emulsion.
Larger sized samples of my work can be seen on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JerryBarnettPhoto

4 posts |