Trio

Posted by Vasanthi Balson on Thu Jul 31, 2014 2:43 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 11 posts | 
Applied the preset Toy Camera, Color Cast, and Multi-lens effect in Analog efex to an image of Mexican sunflower petals.
"When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for the moment.
 I want to give that world to someone else."
-Georgia O'Keeffe

Last edited by Vasanthi Balson on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Posted by:
Vasanthi Balson
Forum Contributor

by Gary Briney on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:09 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
An interesting combination of monochromatic images Vasanthi --- I like the positioning of the petals.
G. Briney

by Carol Clarke on Thu Jul 31, 2014 3:49 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I find the outer thick black border too heavy for the delicate colour tone here, the inner single black line is fine and for me would work better as a border on its own.  The triple study of form and lines works very well but is overpowered as shown.  Just my personal tastes again!  8)
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Vasanthi Balson on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:02 pm
Vasanthi Balson
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:I find the outer thick black border too heavy for the delicate colour tone here, the inner single black line is fine and for me would work better as a border on its own.  The triple study of form and lines works very well but is overpowered as shown.  Just my personal tastes again!  8)

Carol I have removed the border and replaced the original.
"When you take a flower in your hand and really look at it, it's your world for the moment.
-Georgia O'Keeffe

by Carol Clarke on Thu Jul 31, 2014 4:18 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
That makes so much difference! The trio stand on their own merit now instead of being pushed to the background, they have their freedom!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Gary Briney on Thu Jul 31, 2014 5:29 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Vasanthi, Thanks for the extra effort. By the way, when posting a second version, please simply insert it in a reply so that the original is still available for comparison. :)
G. Briney

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:53 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Gary Briney wrote:Vasanthi, Thanks for the extra effort. By the way, when posting a second version, please simply insert it in a reply so that the original is still available for comparison. :)
I am not sure what version I am looking at, so I would concur with Gary- would be nice to see a comparison. That said, I like the three shapes-they form a complementary pattern.  I wonder how a softer-colored border would look? I appreciate your adventurous spirit doing these things- it is what this gallery is really about. (Quite a few people are "stepping out" with new ideas these days- nice to see!)
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by Gary Briney on Fri Aug 01, 2014 12:03 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Cindy - The version you're looking at is the second version with narrow boundary lines. - Gary
G. Briney

by Vasanthi Balson on Fri Aug 01, 2014 4:56 am
Vasanthi Balson
Forum Contributor
Gary Briney wrote:Vasanthi, Thanks for the extra effort. By the way, when posting a second version, please simply insert it in a reply so that the original is still available for comparison. :)

Sorry about that. 
I cropped out the border and the signature panel.  No other adjustments were made. 
I will post the original.
-Georgia O'Keeffe

Last edited by Vasanthi Balson on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

by Vasanthi Balson on Fri Aug 01, 2014 5:28 am
Vasanthi Balson
Forum Contributor
Cynthia Crawford wrote:
I am not sure what version I am looking at, so I would concur with Gary- would be nice to see a comparison. That said, I like the three shapes-they form a complementary pattern.  I wonder how a softer-colored border would look? I appreciate your adventurous spirit doing these things- it is what this gallery is really about. (Quite a few people are "stepping out" with new ideas these days- nice to see!)

Cindy here is the original:
-Georgia O'Keeffe

by Cynthia Crawford on Sat Aug 02, 2014 9:29 pm
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Vasanthi Balson wrote:
Cynthia Crawford wrote:

Cindy here is the original:
Thanks for posting this!  I like it!  It has a sort of stained glass effect.  Both are very nice , but I think I have a slight preference for this one.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

11 posts |