Sunflower and Bud

Posted by SantaFeJoe on Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:56 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 9 posts | 
An image of a sunflower taken with the first P&S digital camera I ever shot. I still shot film at the time, but my wife wanted to get a digital. It impressed me enough to quit doubting the viability of digital images! 
Sony DSC-W50, 6.3mm, f7.1@1/500 sec., onboard flash, PP in Serif PhotoPlusX4 Oil for effect.
Copyright Joe A. Roybal
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

Posted by:
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Thu Jul 17, 2014 3:11 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Yes, I can remember contemplating the switch - it was the instant feedback that did it for me Joe!

In the natural world, an image of an adult and infant is always going to be a winner, and this image is no exception.  A sweet artwork with clean and simple lines, and the winning combination of mother and bud!  8)
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Gary Briney on Thu Jul 17, 2014 7:50 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Wow I love the color contrast of the bright yellow against the NM sky (I assume that's really sky!) Thanks for the history --- do you have the date this image was captured?
G. Briney

by SantaFeJoe on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:00 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
Gary Briney wrote:Wow I love the color contrast of the bright yellow against the NM sky (I assume that's really sky!) Thanks for the history --- do you have the date this image was captured?
Yep, Gary, that's the morning sky on a clear day! The sky was always like that when I was growing up and many westerns were filmed here because of that. Things have changed a bit now, but we still get some nice skies once in a while. The image was taken on July 14, 2007@6:27AM. Here is the original jpeg downsized to 800:
Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by Gary Briney on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:19 am
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
SantaFeJoe wrote:...Yep, Gary, that's the morning sky on a clear day! The sky was always like that when I was growing up and many westerns were filmed here because of that. Things have changed a bit now, but we still get some nice skies once in a while. The image was taken on July 14, 2007@6:27AM...
Joe --- I must have seen Santa Fe skies like that, but memories dim :wink: Thanks much for the info and the original jpg --- very nice indeed! - Gary
G. Briney

by Cynthia Crawford on Thu Jul 17, 2014 9:26 am
Cynthia Crawford
Member #:00733
Hi Joe-wonderful picture and story. The textures are so pleasing as are the colors. A charmer! Thanks for posting the original too.
Cynthia (Cindy) Crawford-Moderator, Photo & Digital Art
web site: http://www.creaturekinships.net
"If I Keep a Green Bough in My Heart, the Singing Bird Will Come"  Chinese Proverb

by swanuck on Thu Jul 17, 2014 11:27 am
swanuck
Forum Contributor
Very we'll done nice. Composition and exposure

by jerryb on Fri Jul 18, 2014 8:21 am
jerryb
Forum Contributor
I like the soft look and the texture with the color gradations of the BG.
Larger sized samples of my work can be seen on Google Plus at https://plus.google.com/u/0/+JerryBarnettPhoto

by Ron Day on Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:56 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
jerryb wrote:I like the soft look and the texture with the color gradations of the BG.
Me too - very nice!

9 posts |