« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:22 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
…….asking him to ban ivory into China.  I think this letter came in February 2015.  

In late September 2015, Presidents Obama and Xi Jinping jointly agreed to at least begin the ban of ivory into their respective countries.  

Here is the actual, exciting letter from Sir David Attenborough and Dr. Richard Leakey:  

http://actionforelephantsuk.org/a-lette ... president/

To me, it is nothing shy of exhilarating that these two world famous wildlife conservationists were able to bridge the gap and influence one of the most powerful men in the world to save the elephants.  

Late addition:  I am corrected here:  The list of signatories goes on and on !……Including Rob Brandford, Director , the David Sheldrick Wildlife Trust Campaign. 

This action restores much of my faith that in the end humanity will do the thing that is right.

Robert :)
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Tue Oct 06, 2015 4:46 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
And apparently within the last 2 years, the Chinese people have become much more aware that the ivory trade is decimating the elephant.

http://www.wildaid.org/news/consumer-aw ... idly-china
Topic Locked  

by whitehead on Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:44 pm
whitehead
Forum Contributor
I think things are generally changing throughout Asia. There becoming much more awareness both in the older and younger generations IMHO. I think media is one of the main change catalysts. Facebook is an incredibly powerful platform in Asia that is creating massive awareness internally and the potential for fostering political pressure in these areas. The change needs to come from within.
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Wed Oct 07, 2015 4:15 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
whitehead wrote:I think things are generally changing throughout Asia. There becoming much more awareness both in the older and younger generations IMHO. I think media is one of the main change catalysts. Facebook is an incredibly powerful platform in Asia that is creating massive awareness internally and the potential for fostering political pressure in these areas. The change needs to come from within.
Thanks for your response.  Very encouraging.  I opened your website and see the sale of any images is non-profit and I read "about you".  Very interesting.  I am curious to learn more and will refer back to your website later today.  Thanks again. 
Topic Locked  

4 posts |