« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sat Aug 01, 2015 5:33 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Please, please, please…make yourselves watch this.  This actually happens….and for nothing more than to feed the human ego and money. Murder for this!!! 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nI1tgsRUNf0

Watch this one.  This is no more than murder.  The poor elephants can do NOTHNG about this.  And it is legal!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=peK1b_oL82Q

These people taunt elephants to charge and then murder them with super high powered rifles.  There is no way the hunter can lose.  It is all stacked against the animal.  It is all done for ego and money….nothing else.

Step back and take a look at what we allow to happen here.  

We share the planet with these scumbags.  This is our planet folks.  We revere nature.  They DESTROY our beloved wildlife for their egos and big money.  

We cannot afford to let this continue to happen.  We must fight trophy hunting whenever we can….wherever it is allowed.  Someone has to fight this.  It has to be us.  It is our wildlife.  My buddy tells me that it is all over Robert.  No it is not!!!

These trophy hunters are not going to stop until the very last animal dies.  And it is now often justified as conservation.  

TROPHY HUNTERS (murderers of wildlife for their egos) are always very smart people, considered to be highly successful and who have loads of money to blow.  it is the truth.

http://www.cnn.com/2015/05/19/africa/na ... hino-hunt/

So this one was murdered (and that is exactly what it is…murder) because it was too old and not good for the gene pool.

Are humans this insane that they can get away with calling this wildlife conservation? Yes!

But there is another example of the murder of a young rhino because it was too aggressive (too much testosterone?).  Oh i see, that is not good for the gene pool either.

THIS IS INSANITY AND IT MUST BE STOPPED! 

Literally, it is a sobbing shame what we, as humans, are allowing these other humans to get away with.

Robert
Topic Locked  

by stevenmajor on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:38 am
stevenmajor
Forum Contributor
"TROPHY HUNTERS (murderers of wildlife for their egos) are always very smart people"

Albert Einstein (apparently smart) suggested that the only way to judge a person's intelligence, was to observe what those who reportedly had a great deal of it, choose to do with it. He said this in response to reporters who inquired about the likelihood of his young child growing up to be a genius.
Topic Locked  

by WDCarrier on Sat Aug 01, 2015 6:44 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
Ernest Hemingway immortalized the African big game hunter: handsome, strong, brave, macho…standing firm in the face of potential death from a charging lion, buffalo, or elephant. But Hemingway died in 1961 and probably the concept of killing the biggest and best for no reason other than to have done it should have died with him.

As an ex-hunter I understand the chase…the hunt…and the kill. Personally, I never killed anything I didn’t plan to eat (a couple of deer saved us from a diet of rice and chicken necks during my college days). My last hunt was in 1981 when I found “hunters” on motorcycles far into a canyon it had taken me all day to walk to. Since that time I have seen “hunting” taken over by technology. You can’t even begin to hunt unless you’re wealthy as an expensive ATV is in every 4X4 pickup heading into the woods. My old deer rifle is obsolete as it only holds 4 cartridges (2 more than I ever needed on a hunt). The norm now is a military-type rifle with 10+ shot clips with night-vision scopes. Recently, video-equipped drones are employed to search for animals from the comforts of hunting camp (usually a fully equipped RV). Still, hunting is often necessary to keep game populations in check in some areas and needs to continue on a regulated basis.

But here’s the rub…wildlife populations have decreased drastically world-wide in the past 50 years. A study recently published by the American Association for the Advancement of Science indicated “Large herbivores — elephants, hippos, rhinos and gorillas — are vanishing at a startling rate, with some 60 percent threatened with extinction.” U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service recently warned the African lion faces the threat of extinction by the year 2050. And studies indicate that the removal of the biggest and best animals from a population only tends to upset the social order, often resulting in accelerated population declines.

The time has come for society to bury the concept of trophy hunting in the same cemetery they buried market hunting in the 1900’s when the passenger pigeon and a number of waterfowl species were hunted to extinction or near extinction. In light of a rapidly changing earth, retaining our remaining wildlife heritage is too critical for an individual to hang the mounted head of the last of a species on their office wall as a “trophy.”
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]
Topic Locked  

by Mike in O on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:23 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
A hunting rifle in Oregon is limited to a clip of five cartridges, but if you want to shoot up an event of people, no problem legally with a clip of 30.
Topic Locked  

by pleverington on Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:23 pm
pleverington
Forum Contributor
They are not going to change a thing unless enough people get up out of their comfort zones and take action.....

Paul
Paul Leverington
"A great image is one that is created, not one that is made"
Topic Locked  

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:19 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
https://www.thedodo.com/congress-cecil- ... 58136.html
Topic Locked  

6 posts |