Moderator: Greg Downing

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 2 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Sat Jul 25, 2015 7:57 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
I was in a local plant nursery late Spring and could not help but "tune in" to the following conversation:

I heard a lady not far from me ask a store clerk if the product she had in her hand was organic insect spray.  My ears perked up at those words, as I imagined finding a non-toxic insect repellent that really worked.  

Here is the conversation:

1st store clerk:  "Let me get someone over hear who knows more about this product than I do."

Lady Customer:  "Well, it has to be organic".   

At this point there is a young woman store clerk on one side of the lady and they are now joined by a young man store clerk on the other side of the lady customer.  The young woman store clerk stays while the lady customer begins to ask the young male store clerk the questions.

Lady Customer:  "Will this get rid of my Japanese Beetles ?"

Now, I am beginning to get the picture.  This product is not the repellent that I had hoped it would be.  It is an insecticide. 

2nd store clerk:  "It sure will….and whole bunch of other ones too."

Lady Customer:  "And you are sure it is organic?"

2nd store clerk:  "Oh yes, it is organic."

Lady Customer:  Well then, it sounds like just what I need."

I was tempted to approach the lady before she left but thought better of it.  I am glad I did not.  After all three had left I went over to the display and all I remember now is the word "ORGANIC" splashed across the front of the large spray bottle.
Topic Locked  

by Gary Briney on Sat Jul 25, 2015 8:09 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
The lady and the clerk were probably talking about NEEM oil. Here's a link to info on it and other organic pesticides.
G. Briney
Topic Locked  

2 posts |