« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Topic Locked  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by SantaFeJoe on Mon Feb 23, 2015 5:55 pm
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
An enormous amount per wolf killed and at what benefit?

http://www.livescience.com/49897-idaho- ... illed.html

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso
Topic Locked  

by Mike in O on Mon Feb 23, 2015 9:58 pm
Mike in O
Forum Contributor
It keeps the sheep farmers off of the back of the government exterminators.
Topic Locked  

by pleverington on Tue Feb 24, 2015 11:06 am
pleverington
Forum Contributor
Yeah but we gotta have that meat ya know.....
Paul Leverington
"A great image is one that is created, not one that is made"
Topic Locked  

by WDCarrier on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:15 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
Having resided in Idaho for a number of years, working on wildlife issues, this doesn't surprise me. Every nut case in the west dreams of moving to Idaho and pretend they're back in the 1850's.
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]
Topic Locked  

by pleverington on Wed Feb 25, 2015 1:30 pm
pleverington
Forum Contributor
WDCarrier wrote:Having resided in Idaho for a number of years, working on wildlife issues, this doesn't surprise me.  Every nut case in the west dreams of moving to Idaho and pretend they're back in the 1850's.
This is a really important point you make. There is so much fantasy about the "good old days" and how they have to get back to a simpler way. If in reality they could get back to those "old days", they would be sorry for what they wished for. Hunting in those days was a job and a grind. Only the rich who used it for a pass time enjoyed it as recreation. Those days are gone now they need to get over it. Tradition is good if it is still relevant .....if not ......time to move on to up to date attitudes and philosophies.
I do sense strongly that our whole society has evolved to be living off fantasy not just people who kill animals. That disconnect with reality will get us someday maybe.

Paul
Paul Leverington
"A great image is one that is created, not one that is made"
Topic Locked  

by WDCarrier on Fri Feb 27, 2015 11:22 pm
WDCarrier
Forum Contributor
pleverington wrote:
WDCarrier wrote:Having resided in Idaho for a number of years, working on wildlife issues, this doesn't surprise me.  Every nut case in the west dreams of moving to Idaho and pretend they're back in the 1850's.
This is a really important point you make. There is so much fantasy about the "good old days" and how they have to get back to a simpler way. If in reality they could get back to those "old days", they would be sorry for what they wished for. Hunting in those days was a job and a grind. Only the rich who used it for a pass time enjoyed it as recreation. Those days are gone now they need to get over it. Tradition is good if it is still relevant .....if not ......time to move on to up to date attitudes and philosophies.
I do sense strongly that our whole society has evolved to be living off fantasy not just people who kill animals. That disconnect with reality will get us someday maybe.

Paul

Hear, hear!
[font=Helvetica, sans-serif]“Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.” MLK[/font]
Topic Locked  

6 posts |