Indigo bunting on walnut

Posted by NiagaraMike on Mon Jul 06, 2015 5:54 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 12 posts | 
Indigo bunting on walnut in early morning sun..

D810

ISO 1000

1/1000 s    f?8

300 mm f/4 with 1.4 X

Thanks for looking.

Posted by:
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor

by Graeme Guy on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:35 pm
Graeme Guy
Forum Contributor
Member #:01714
This looks a nicely composed image. My main question is why is it posted so small? I like to see detail and personally I think posting to the maximum allowable size is best.

Cheers
Graeme
Graeme Guy
Penang,
Malaysia

http://grguy.smugmug.com

by NiagaraMike on Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:42 pm
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor
Graeme Guy wrote:This looks a nicely composed image. My main question is why is it posted so small? I like to see detail and personally I think posting to the maximum allowable size is best.

Cheers
Graeme

Thanks. I have had issues with this posting size. I post at 250 kb and under 800 pixels and in the past it kicks me out again and again and ....  

In fact that is one of the reasons I prefer posting head shots here to full images.

Today I posted at 225 kB. Max is 250 kB but I get kicked out for even 250 kB.

by Biresh on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:00 pm
Biresh
Forum Contributor
Excellent shot with bg and details

by Gaurav Mittal on Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:48 pm
Gaurav Mittal
Forum Contributor
Member #:01793
Composition does look good but as mentioned, due to the small image size, it is hard to tell about the overall quality
of the image.
http://www.gauravmittal.com

"The continued existence of wildlife and wilderness is important to the quality of life of humans." - Jim Fowler

by NiagaraMike on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:37 am
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor
Biresh wrote:Excellent shot with bg and details
Thanks Biresh,

by NiagaraMike on Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:42 am
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor
Gaurav Mittal wrote:Composition does look good but as mentioned, due to the small image size, it is hard to tell about the overall quality
of the image.
Thanks Gaurav

Last edited by NiagaraMike on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

by NiagaraMike on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:02 am
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor
Message deleted. Sorry.

Last edited by NiagaraMike on Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by LynnS on Tue Jul 07, 2015 2:22 pm
LynnS
Forum Contributor
Mike, I like the way the soft morning light is hitting the bird and leaves, nice singing pose and rich-looking BG.  Blue must be on your list of favorite colors.

Strange and unfortunate about your images getting kicked out, even under 250kb.  I don't know if you use Photoshop; if you do, on my last save, I go to: File: Save For Web & Devices: and in that menu on the upper right hand side, I click "Quality" and reduce it to whatever percent until image hits below 250kb.  In that menu box, you'll see your image, and on the lower left-hand side, it denotes "JPEG" and the kb size.  You can see the kb size change as you toggle the Quality percent size.  I apologize if this is not relative to you, but wanted to share what works for me.

Edit: Hey Mike, it occurred to me that a possible problem might be, that the image should be reduced to 800pxl on the long side before saving in the aforementioned steps.  Perhaps the website chooses its own size if it's bigger than 800pxls.  Anyway, hope you'll figure out solution ...
Lynn

by Homer on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:06 pm
Homer
Forum Contributor
Great job getting this guy,beautiful shot

by NiagaraMike on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:30 pm
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor
LynnS wrote:Mike, I like the way the soft morning light is hitting the bird and leaves, nice singing pose and rich-looking BG.  Blue must be on your list of favorite colors.

Strange and unfortunate about your images getting kicked out, even under 250kb.  I don't know if you use Photoshop; if you do, on my last save, I go to: File: Save For Web & Devices: and in that menu on the upper right hand side, I click "Quality" and reduce it to whatever percent until image hits below 250kb.  In that menu box, you'll see your image, and on the lower left-hand side, it denotes "JPEG" and the kb size.  You can see the kb size change as you toggle the Quality percent size.  I apologize if this is not relative to you, but wanted to share what works for me.

Edit: Hey Mike, it occurred to me that a possible problem might be, that the image should be reduced to 800pxl on the long side before saving in the aforementioned steps.  Perhaps the website chooses its own size if it's bigger than 800pxls.  Anyway, hope you'll figure out solution ...
Thanks Lynn. Yes I do LOVE blue birds here ... simply because other than our wondrous Blue Jay it is not a common colour here in birds and also the bluebirds and indigo buntings are not exactly common so I am thrilled to see them.

Thanks! I reduce the length to less than 800 then reduce the file size to less than 250 kB. I am ok with all of this as long as people just accept that it is what it is with the posting restrictions.... they can see my pix bigger on 500 px if they like....

Thanks again!

by NiagaraMike on Tue Jul 07, 2015 9:31 pm
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor
Homer wrote:Great job getting this guy,beautiful shot
Thanks Homer. They are not exactly common here and I went back several days to do images.These are with my new D810 and I have yet to process some from my D800...

12 posts |