Indian Silverbill/White-throated munia

Posted by Gaurav Mittal on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:13 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
[font=Helvetica, Arial, 'lucida grande', tahoma, verdana, arial, sans-serif]The past week was a tough one for animals and birds in urban areas. With four consecutive days of Diwali celebrations (Festival of lights) followed daily by hours of firecrackers burning, the loud sounds and the smoke pollution are frightening and suffocating for animals and birds alike. 

My backyard, which usually plays host to various species of birds on a regular basis became quiet and gloomy for the last few days as the loud sounds scared the birds away, needless to say that I felt a bit gloomy as well.

Yesterday morning I woke up to a pleasant surprise. A sense of normalcy is returning back as some birds have started returning, the loud noises from the celebrations are over and my backyard is getting back to it's busy usual self.

Love is finally in the air. 

Indian silverbill / White-throated munia
New Delhi, India. October 26th, 2014

1/125 sec F/8.0 ISO 800, Canon IDX 600mm +1.4x [/font]
http://www.gauravmittal.com

"The continued existence of wildlife and wilderness is important to the quality of life of humans." - Jim Fowler

Posted by:
Gaurav Mittal
Forum Contributor
Member #:01793

by DON HAMILTON JR. on Mon Oct 27, 2014 5:49 am
DON HAMILTON JR.
Forum Contributor
Stunning on this bkg!!!!++++++++++++++
http://donhamiltonphotos.com/workshops.html Specializing in reasonably priced Instructional Photography Workshops & Tours.

by David Salem on Tue Oct 28, 2014 10:13 am
David Salem
Forum Contributor
Great looking shot. The poses look nice and the BG makes for a very colorful scene. Well done
COME JOIN ME FOR A CUSTOM PERSONALIZED RAPTOR WORKSHOP   NOV-MAR 2019/2020.    PLEASE PM ME TO ENQUIRE ABOUT PRICING AND AVAILABILITY! 

by NiagaraMike on Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:49 pm
NiagaraMike
Forum Contributor
Very nice moment captured well.

4 posts |