Violetear Hummer

Posted by DON HAMILTON JR. on Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:05 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
[font='Helvetica Neue', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]The sparkling violetear (Colibri coruscans) is a species of hummingbird. It is widespread in highlands of northern and western South America, including a large part of the Andes (from Argentina and northwards), the Venezuelan Coastal Range and the Tepuis. It occurs in a wide range of semi-open habitats, even in gardens and parks within major cities such as Quito, and is often the commonest species of hummingbird in its range. The sparkling violetear is most abundant near coniferous or evergreen eucalyptus forests. It is highly vocal and territorial. Nature lighting, in deep brush where these guys love to hang out! Note IDX superb high iso capabilities.  Costa Rica never [/font]disappoints
[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Canon DX, [/font]
[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] Canon 600mm F4 II[/font]
[font=Helvetica Neue, Helvetica Neue, Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] [/font][font='Helvetica Neue', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]Iso 1600,[/font]
[font='Helvetica Neue', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]F11[/font]
[font='Helvetica Neue', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] !/30s[/font]
[font='Helvetica Neue', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif] manual [/font]
[font='Helvetica Neue', 'Helvetica Neue', Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif]spot metering..  [/font]
http://donhamiltonphotos.com/workshops.html Specializing in reasonably priced Instructional Photography Workshops & Tours.

Posted by:
DON HAMILTON JR.
Forum Contributor

by DON HAMILTON JR. on Sat Oct 18, 2014 3:07 pm
DON HAMILTON JR.
Forum Contributor
Can someone tell me why this font crap is always showing up in my txt portion.. using IMAC computer.. this don
http://donhamiltonphotos.com/workshops.html Specializing in reasonably priced Instructional Photography Workshops & Tours.

by shlomow on Sat Oct 18, 2014 5:30 pm
shlomow
Forum Contributor
I have no idea whats going on here with the fonts, it happens to me also often.
As to the bird..it's stunning, very nice colors and I love the sharpness.

by Gaurav Mittal on Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:00 am
Gaurav Mittal
Forum Contributor
Member #:01793
A lovely portrait of the hummer and I like the background as it shows the habitat, good use of the
F/11 aperture to show that.
http://www.gauravmittal.com

"The continued existence of wildlife and wilderness is important to the quality of life of humans." - Jim Fowler

4 posts |