Bobcat with Quail

Posted by Brent R Paull on Tue Jan 26, 2016 10:43 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]More fun with bobcats on the safari that started today. This bobcat was chased up on old cottonwood tree by a coyote after catching a California Quail. We had 8 bobcat encounters, and an equal number of coyote pack encounters, as well as a very cooperative red-shouldered hawk that posed for the group. Great Fun.  I know some of you will wig out over my non-removal of some of the extraneous branches, but this is the reality of field photography - every scene isn't perfect, actually, nearly no scenes are perfect ... but I like it as is. [/font]

------------------------------------------------
[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Nikon D3s body, Nikon 500mm f4 lens, ISO 400, f4 at 1/500, Induro tripod.[/font]
Brent Russell Paull // American West Photo Safaris
http://www.amwestphoto.com 

Posted by:
Brent R Paull
Forum Contributor

by Ed Cordes on Thu Jan 28, 2016 8:41 am
Ed Cordes
Forum Contributor
Member #:00700
Great job of getting the face focused among all the branches. I happen to like the way the Bobcat is snuggled among them. As you said, this is the way it is in the field. This also shows how the animal blends in so well with the environment. I do wish the top of the image was not so bright. Nice job!
Remember, a little mild insanity keeps us healthy

by Cindy Marple on Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:11 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
It's clear where it matters, around the face. The bright top does tend to draw my eye, cropping down to even clipping the hind end of the cat makes this stronger imo.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by SMB on Mon Feb 01, 2016 1:51 pm
SMB
Forum Contributor
Agree with the comments about the top of the image.
Still a great shot given the setting.
Stan

4 posts |