Island fox

Posted by SamMeul on Fri Oct 30, 2015 11:54 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
I'm not sure that this image belongs in this category, sorry if i posted it wrong.
This picture was taken at Santa cruz, Channel islands. Upon arrival a ranger informed us that the foxes steal everything they can get. I was sceptical, because i didn't even think we would see one. What was i wrong. Within 15 min. we saw this fox , with a cookie. A funny yet disturbing view. now he's eating food, but wat if he eats something toxic? 

Hope you like it.
Regards,
Sam

7dII
500mm
f/5.6
iso-640
1/2500 sec.

Posted by:
SamMeul
Forum Contributor

by Pralay Lahiry on Fri Oct 30, 2015 12:56 pm
Pralay Lahiry
Forum Contributor
Very evocative image (especially the plastic package with Nature Valley written over it).... a problem probably faced all over the planet and no cure in sight. Very well documented.

by Gary Briney on Fri Oct 30, 2015 5:20 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
That's pretty brazen! Take care -- he'll eat your lunch. The position of the logo is amazing.
G. Briney

by Cindy Marple on Fri Oct 30, 2015 8:39 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
Very nice photo but a sad commentary. Your low perspective just brings the viewer right to the eyes and to the fox's snack.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by RickEvansTheThird on Sat Oct 31, 2015 5:38 pm
RickEvansTheThird
Forum Contributor
Thanks for sharing this. Great shot! Considering these foxes are an endangered species, the image is much more powerful. Some viewers may not realize just how rare these little guys are. Hopefully you were able to get some nice natural shots of them while you were there. The Channel Islands are incredible.
Remain Wild,
Rick Evans

5 posts |