Portrait of a BLONDE

Posted by william bickle on Thu Jul 09, 2015 9:08 am

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
Honey Coloured Grizzly  in the maturing sedge grasses of the Khutzeymateen !

The weather in May/June was warmer this springtime and this allowed the sedge grass to grow tall and lush, but snow capped mountains were not evident , as the snow had melted earlier in the season.  Standing bold and very comfortable at our presence this  8 year old blonde female grizzly bear was looking for a breeding mate. Always vigilent to her surroundings and sometimes would rise up standing to get a better vantage point of intruders.  Without clouds and rain the bright contrast sun filled days were a different challenge from previous visit here in 2012 when we had constant overcast rain filled days . The calmness within  our zodiac boat and knowledeable experienced guides allowed some very special encounters with this grizzly!   I had seen her in 2012  and this was special to see her now,  maturing and retaining her beauty .  I allowed -1.0 Meter compensation , hoping to retain light area detail and enough shadow detail . 

Appreciate Feedback  !:)

Nikon D610 with 200-400 VR F4 Lens @ 400mm, Vr active, F 7.1, ISO 320, 1/640,  taken about 5:20PM BC  time. Hand held from a floating zodiac boat,   Full Frame, (No Crop)

Bill
www.BillBickle.com

Posted by:
william bickle
Forum Contributor

by Ron Day on Thu Jul 09, 2015 12:29 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Bill, so neat that you got to revisit this grizzly. I really like her looking back through the frame - makes a nice composition. Also, I think the contrast between the lush green grasses and the deep blue background is striking! I realize the grasses were lush and tall, but were you able to get any full body shots? Very nice work Bill!

by john on Thu Jul 09, 2015 4:59 pm
john
Lifetime Member
Member #:00404
Nice setting and nice sharp face. Not sure what you had in front but I wish for a bit more virtual leg room.

by RLK on Thu Jul 09, 2015 7:54 pm
RLK
Forum Contributor
Member #:01370
Love this image Bill. It makes me feel like I was there with you. I agree with trying for a bit more room on the bottom.
Bob
Bob Kothenbeutel
Website (under construction) www.rlkimages.photoshelter.com

by Carol Clarke on Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:16 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Another vote for more room here Bill, but the overall detail and pose of this beautiful female is a delight! Just too tight in the frame for my tastes.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by william bickle on Fri Jul 10, 2015 7:38 am
william bickle
Forum Contributor
Hello

Great to get the feedback. This is Full frame and no legs available in this capture! Also my membership has expired and this low res. image(250) doesn't show off as well , a crisp capture can be seen at this web. www.Billbickle.com

Thanks for taking time to comment

Cheers

Bill

6 posts |