Centauro-Band Stallion Sand Wash Basin

Posted by Rumbaugh Photography on Fri Jun 26, 2015 8:07 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 11 posts | 
Centauro is a very stunning band stallion in the Sand Wash Basin wild herds.  So powerful, yet gentle.  I could have watched him with his herd all day!  Storms in the distance made for some awesome light and colors!

Canon 5d Mark III
Canon 100-400L f/4.5-5.6 II

ISO-500
f/6.3
1/2000
@360mm

Posted by:
Rumbaugh Photography
Forum Contributor

by Cindy Marple on Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:37 am
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
Yes indeed the light and colors are wonderful. Great pose with that majestic head toss- he looks like he is in charge. Compositionally he's a little too tight in the corner for my taste, I'd like to specifically see a bit more room on the bottom for his feet. I can see that there's out of focus shrubbery there that makes a compromise so maybe this is the best option though.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by Carol Clarke on Sat Jun 27, 2015 3:08 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
I like everything about this, the pose, background and colours - except for there being no room allowed for the feet. Some more room at the bottom would take this to the next level!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by david fletcher on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:35 pm
david fletcher
Member #:00525
Don't normally like horse shots., Looking at my past posts will confirm that. This is exceptional. Here lies an opportunity for a fine art shot so all I can add is my congrats. great shot. love the comp and lines. great mood. go with it!
Make your life spectacular!

NSN00525

by Rumbaugh Photography on Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:13 pm
Rumbaugh Photography
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:I like everything about this, the pose, background and colours - except for there being no room allowed for the feet.  Some more room at the bottom would take this to the next level!

Thank you so much!  As far as more room in foreground for feet....even if the feet are hidden in the shrubbery?  What I mean is prior to cropping in some, his feet do not show as the shrubbery covers them...so you think still keep more of the foreground...which could be an easy fix.  Thanks!  :-)

by Rumbaugh Photography on Sun Jun 28, 2015 4:14 pm
Rumbaugh Photography
Forum Contributor
david fletcher wrote:Don't normally like horse shots.,  Looking at my past posts will confirm  that.  This is exceptional.  Here lies an opportunity for a fine art shot so all I can add is my congrats.  great shot.  love the comp and lines.   great mood.  go with it!
Thank you so much David!  Greatly appreciate it!

by Carol Clarke on Sun Jun 28, 2015 6:11 pm
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Rumbaugh Photography wrote:
Carol Clarke wrote:I like everything about this, the pose, background and colours - except for there being no room allowed for the feet.  Some more room at the bottom would take this to the next level!

Thank you so much!  As far as more room in foreground for feet....even if the feet are hidden in the shrubbery?  What I mean is prior to cropping in some, his feet do not show as the shrubbery covers them...so you think still keep more of the foreground...which could be an easy fix.  Thanks!  :-)
Yes, definitely - more room for the feet (or where they would be) even if hidden by grass/shrubbery.  To cut an animal's feet off, or where they are hidden, just looks so awkward when the rest of the body and limbs are visible.  If you are going just for a head shot, that's fine - or head and shoulders, but when the rest of the body/limbs are there, then allow room for the feet as well for a more balanced shot.  Just my 2 cents worth. :)
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by john on Sun Jun 28, 2015 10:55 pm
john
Lifetime Member
Member #:00404
Beautiful pose and setting. I agree on bit more room on the bottom if you have it.

by Rumbaugh Photography on Mon Jun 29, 2015 1:53 pm
Rumbaugh Photography
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:
Rumbaugh Photography wrote:

Yes, definitely - more room for the feet (or where they would be) even if hidden by grass/shrubbery.  To cut an animal's feet off, or where they are hidden, just looks so awkward when the rest of the body and limbs are visible.  If you are going just for a head shot, that's fine - or head and shoulders, but when the rest of the body/limbs are there, then allow room for the feet as well for a more balanced shot.  Just my 2 cents worth. :)
Thank you so much for your input!!  Easy fix as original has more foreground! :-)

by Missy Mandel on Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:31 am
Missy Mandel
Forum Contributor
Member #:01973
I agree with more room at the bottom of the frame for sure, but I love everything else about this image
Missy Mandel
Toronto, Canada
Comments and critiques welcomed.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/missymandel/
www.missymandel.ca
Instagram missymandel_photography

by Sougata De on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:59 am
Sougata De
Forum Contributor
A very beautiful pic. TFS.

11 posts |