Copper's Reflection

Posted by Rumbaugh Photography on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:04 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 7 posts | 
~Copper's Reflection~ Band stallion Sand Wash Basin wild horses.
Canon 5d Mk iii 
ISO 500
f/5.6
1/500 @330mm

Posted by:
Rumbaugh Photography
Forum Contributor

by Cindy Marple on Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:44 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
Welcome to wildlife! The reflection really makes the image- perfect timing with the muzzle just touching the water, and nicely framed to get the full reflection among the vegetation.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by Carol Clarke on Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:57 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Welcome! Nice serene feeling to this scene as he takes a drink while still keeping a wary eye. The calm water gives a good mirror reflection, and he seems to have enjoyed a good muddy roll to relieve his itches.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by TerryWSmith on Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:13 am
TerryWSmith
Forum Contributor
Very nice with the water as still as can be....I just visited Sand Wash Basin and plan to go back.

T.
Terry W Smith
CANON GEAR-24/7

instagram: #imagesontheoutside

by Rumbaugh Photography on Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:21 pm
Rumbaugh Photography
Forum Contributor
TerryWSmith wrote:Very nice with the water as still as can be....I just visited Sand Wash Basin and plan to go back.

T.
Hello!  When were you there??  I was just there the 12-18th of this month!  I plan to go back soon, one of my favorite places to go!!  Can I ask what size most everyone posts to these galleries?  It seems that my photo looks fuzzy and am wondering if it is because it is sized smaller for FB? 

Let me know when you are going out again, may run into you!!  I will most likely camp out at a secluded water hole!

Angela

by TerryWSmith on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:39 pm
TerryWSmith
Forum Contributor
Rumbaugh Photography wrote:
TerryWSmith wrote:Very nice with the water as still as can be....I just visited Sand Wash Basin and plan to go back.

T.
Hello!  When were you there??  I was just there the 12-18th of this month!  I plan to go back soon, one of my favorite places to go!!  Can I ask what size most everyone posts to these galleries?  It seems that my photo looks fuzzy and am wondering if it is because it is sized smaller for FB? 

Let me know when you are going out again, may run into you!!  I will most likely camp out at a secluded water hole!

Angela

I was there May 28--had some bad roads to deal with but saw Picasso and Corona so---all good . Planning a return trip in September.

Your image looks fine on my screen. I post 800x600  300dpi

Terry
Terry W Smith
CANON GEAR-24/7

instagram: #imagesontheoutside

by Rumbaugh Photography on Tue Jun 23, 2015 4:10 pm
Rumbaugh Photography
Forum Contributor
TerryWSmith wrote:
Rumbaugh Photography wrote:

T.

Angela

I was there May 28--had some bad roads to deal with but saw Picasso and Corona so---all good . Planning a return trip in September.

Your image looks fine on my screen. I post 800x600  300dpi

Terry
Great!  Yes, fortunately we had good roads, no rain...I lucked out!  I am hoping to go back late July and then again in September.  No set dates though as I am going to try to plan around weather.  I am from Iowa and so really can't afford make the trip if I can't get into the basin!  Saw Corona daily, he was spending all his time at Sheep Pen Pond off of 52, Picasso was a little more allusive, but was able to find him for a short while.  Sheep Pen and 8 & 8 pond was crazy busy with all of the 'iconic' stallions and bands, I was lucky!

7 posts |