The 3 Amigos

Posted by OntPhoto on Tue May 05, 2015 10:04 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Three fox pups at play.  Carefree days romping in the sun.

I used the Canon 7D MK2 and I am not afraid to gush about the Ai-servo on this camera. It works well.  The majority of my shots were in focus even with the fox pups moving around quite a bit. 

7D MK2 and 70-200 2.8L +1.4x.  Thanks for looking.

Posted by:
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor

by Carol Clarke on Thu May 07, 2015 10:06 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
A sweet combination of poses from this trio of cubs! A little soft, especially on two out of the three faces, and that bottom grey blurred area is distracting, but this still scores on the subjects and the interaction captured. They must have been great to watch!
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by john on Thu May 07, 2015 2:43 pm
john
Lifetime Member
Member #:00404
Beautiful interaction, but looks like you missed the focus on this one.

by OntPhoto on Thu May 07, 2015 9:27 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
Carol Clarke wrote:A sweet combination of poses from this trio of cubs!  A little soft, especially on two out of the three faces, and that bottom grey blurred area is distracting, but this still scores on the subjects and the interaction captured.  They must have been great to watch!

Thanks Carol.  The focus is on the middle fox where it was intended and it is sharp.  I just rechecked the original just for fun.  I was not going to shoot stopped down to where all 3 foxes would be sharp ;-)   If I was shooting a single fox with a clear background that would be different. The background is not the best and you want that blurred anyways.  Speaking in general only, some folks miss the point of a nature photo especially one that involves interaction.  The content :)  When I watch Nature or anything like that, I can't recall having it cross my mind that, "wait a minute, that 3rd and 4th lion eating that wildebeest is not as sharp as that 1st and 2nd one".  :mrgreen:

PS.  Actually this had been on my mind for the past couple of months.  I keep seeing this billboard advertising a new housing community.  A large part of the image is blown out and the kids playing are washed out.  I remember thinking, wow that is one effective image.  It gets the right mood thru and I love it.  Then I briefly let it cross my mind, what if that part of the image wasn't blown out.  I picture it in my mind.  Nah, that would just change the whole mood.  The ingredients they put together, it worked. 

by OntPhoto on Thu May 07, 2015 9:36 pm
OntPhoto
Forum Contributor
john wrote:Beautiful interaction, but looks like you missed the focus on this one.

See my comment above.  Focus is on the middle fox.  Is it possible to get the focus points on all three subjects that are at different depths in Ai-servo?  I don't think it is possible.

5 posts |