A Jaquar (C)

Posted by Ngwinghee on Sat Jul 05, 2014 9:54 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 14 posts | 
This beautiful Jaguar was taken in Edinburg, Scotland. I have to wait for almost an hour to get this shot as it was sleeping all the time. One of my highlights of the cruise.
Another black Jaguar nearby never got up from sleep or rest inside the cave. Very disappointed with it as I have to head back to the boat on time by taxi which was waiting for me the whole day and cost me 250 sterling pounds. Cheers!
S/250  f6.3  Iso2000
70-200mmf2.8/1Dx  Manual  Handheld  Natural light
Thank you for looking
Wilson 

Posted by:
Ngwinghee
Lifetime Member
Member #:01457

by Cindy Marple on Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:22 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
This is a lovely portrait Wilson, sharp throughout the head and a pleasing composition.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

by Ngwinghee on Sun Jul 06, 2014 4:44 pm
Ngwinghee
Lifetime Member
Cindy Marple wrote:This is a lovely portrait Wilson, sharp throughout the head and a pleasing composition.

Thank you Cindy.  I love Jaguar more than Leopard because it has a slender nose and beautiful head - leopards have blunted nose and black eye tear-drops. Plus the flowery pattern of Jaguar is artistically patterned like a flower and very similarly placed. This cruise and tour has introduced me to lots of new animals and birds.

by Carol Clarke on Mon Jul 07, 2014 3:58 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
Ngwinghee wrote:
Cindy Marple wrote:This is a lovely portrait Wilson, sharp throughout the head and a pleasing composition.

Thank you Cindy.  I love Jaguar more than Leopard because it has a slender nose and beautiful head - leopards have blunted nose and black eye tear-drops. Plus the flowery pattern of Jaguar is artistically patterned like a flower and very similarly placed. This cruise and tour has introduced me to lots of new animals and birds.
No Wilson, you are confusing the Leopard with the Cheetah - they have the 'blunted nose and black eye tear drops'!  The Leopard face is more like the Jaguar, and the Leopard also has the 'flowery pattern' markings.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Ngwinghee on Mon Jul 07, 2014 8:59 am
Ngwinghee
Lifetime Member
Carol Clarke wrote:
Ngwinghee wrote:

No Wilson, you are confusing the Leopard with the Cheetah - they have the 'blunted nose and black eye tear drops'!  The Leopard face is more like the Jaguar, and the Leopard also has the 'flowery pattern' markings.

Hi Carol, thank you for the clarification. I am still learning wildlife. They are so interesting

by Carol Clarke on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:09 am
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator
Member #:00067
There is no doubting your enthusiasm Wilson!  :D

Certainly is a handsome Jaguar.
Carol Clarke
Chief Forum Administrator.

"When the power of love is greater than the love of power,
the world will know peace"....Jimi Hendrix.

NSN0067

by Porsche917 on Mon Jul 07, 2014 1:02 pm
Porsche917
Lifetime Member
Member #:01310
Beautiful shot in every respect Wilson.

Best Regards,

Roman :-)

by Ngwinghee on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:09 pm
Ngwinghee
Lifetime Member
Thank you Naturescapes. I will continue to go more worldwide to get some hard to get at species for sharing. Thanks again for the mention. Cheers!!!

by Ron Day on Mon Jul 07, 2014 10:11 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Congrats. Wilson - great handsome portrait!

by dissent on Tue Jul 08, 2014 4:44 pm
dissent
Forum Contributor
That is one beautiful portrait. Nice!

by mlgray12 on Tue Jul 08, 2014 6:41 pm
mlgray12
Lifetime Member
Member #:01023
Wilson - was this some kind of wildlife park or a zoo setting - since Jaguar are not found naturally outside South and Central America north to Mexico!! I saw the captive mark - nice portrait - someday I hope to get a chance to photograph one of these in the wild!!! Never even been where you could get a descent captive picture of o
Michael L. Gray
Wildlife and Conservation Bum

by Karl Egressy on Tue Jul 08, 2014 7:45 pm
Karl Egressy
Forum Contributor
Member #:00988
Beautiful portrait, great pose and fantastic details, Wilson. Congratulation on EP.

by Ngwinghee on Wed Jul 09, 2014 7:10 am
Ngwinghee
Lifetime Member
mlgray12 wrote:Wilson - was this some kind of wildlife park or a zoo setting - since Jaguar are not found naturally outside South and Central America north to Mexico!! I saw the captive mark - nice portrait - someday I hope to get a chance to photograph one of these in the wild!!! Never even been where you could get a descent captive picture of o

Yes, it's a captive one in the Edinburg Zoo, Glasgow.  I have many good shots of wildlife at different parks or zoo or safari which I think very few can get such close-up shots and in different configurations in the wild.  That's why one of my photography projects is dealing with wildlife in captivity because I travel around the world to get them lined-up eventually. Cheers!

by DChan on Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:44 am
DChan
Forum Contributor
Why does it have blue hair??

14 posts |