Cheetah Family

Posted by Bonnie Block on Wed Apr 16, 2014 2:30 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
This is one of my favorite images from a recent safari to Tanzania. This image was taken in the Ngorongoro Conservation Area. While it has some technical issues (should have stopped down, but they did not stay put long enough to change)—I still enjoy it.
Thanks for looking!

Canon 1DX
300/2.8 II - 1.4 III TC
1/800 sec. f/4 ISO 200

Posted by:
Bonnie Block
Forum Contributor

by Robert Sabin on Wed Apr 16, 2014 8:48 pm
Robert Sabin
Forum Contributor
Cheetah on Right out of Focus, on Left out of Focus and not in a Photogenic Pose,

by Matthew Pugh on Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:37 am
Matthew Pugh
Member #:00345
Hi

Well I think you have already stated the best improvement – a DOF choice that gave a relatively good sharp look across the three subjects. But I can also see why you would like this image regardless – I like the fact that each chappy is laying and looking in a different direction almost like they are spiralling out of a circle, and I like the surrounding foliage framing the subjects. Overall could the image be improved upon at shooting time, well yes – but I enjoyed seeing it anyway (laughing) and I am sure the first hand experience was one to remember for life

All the best
Matthew

by Cindy Marple on Sat Apr 19, 2014 3:10 pm
Cindy Marple
Member #:00038
I love cheetahs and seeing this family group puts a smile on my face. Interesting that the cubs attention is off in one direction while mama is in another- typical kids! Also interesting to see them in the shade, don't usually think of cheetahs seeking shade but as hot as it gets there I guess it makes sense.
Cindy Marple
www.cindymarplephoto.com

4 posts |