Two American Icons

Posted by Jens Peermann on Sun Oct 11, 2015 1:03 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
Imagine you're hopping around the Golden Gate Bridge, trying to find a new view that will give you a killer shot, when suddenly and unexpectedly the Blue Angels show up in their F-16 Thunderbirds and give a show. That's what happened to me yesterday.

7D, EF 7.-200/4 @ f/8
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

Posted by:
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor

by Gary Briney on Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:29 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Great piece of luck and a well timed shot!
G. Briney

by laguna seca ranch on Fri Oct 16, 2015 12:51 pm
laguna seca ranch
Forum Contributor
Jens--nice photo. But, the airplane is a photo of a F-18 Hornet flown by the Navy's Blue Angels. The Air Force demonstration team flies the F-16 Fighting Falcon.

by laguna seca ranch on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:00 pm
laguna seca ranch
Forum Contributor
Jens-Nice photo.  The photo of the airplane is an F-18 Hornet, flown by the Navy's Blue Angels.  The Air Force demonstration team flies the F-16 Fighting Falcon.

by laguna seca ranch on Sat Oct 17, 2015 11:27 am
laguna seca ranch
Forum Contributor
Jens, Nice photo.  I'm having computer problems and tried to send this note previously.  If it finally comes out more than once, my apologies.  As an old Air Force fighter guy, I feel compelled to offer a small correction.  The airplane you photographed is an F-18 Hornet flown by the Blue Angels.  The Air Force demonstration team flies the F-16 Fighting Falcon, which are painted mostly white.  Great opportunity and very nice photo.  By the way, the Navy Blue Angels puts on a better show than their Air Force Cousins.

5 posts |