ISO-200, f/11, s-1/50

Posted by:
Sougata De
Forum Contributor

by Gary Briney on Mon Aug 03, 2015 2:48 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Looks like fun -- care to give us a little more background on what's happening here?
G. Briney

by stevenmajor on Tue Aug 04, 2015 3:25 am
stevenmajor
Forum Contributor
The color balance looks way off. The unpainted skin tones are not true, they look to red to me, very noticeable in the shadows. I also think these beautiful woman are less attractive because of what they are doing.

by Sougata De on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:47 am
Sougata De
Forum Contributor
Gary Briney wrote:Looks like fun -- care to give us a little more background on what's happening here?

This pic was taken during 'Holi', the festival of colours in India. This festival is celebrated in spring to mark the end of winter and beginning of summer. This festival is celebrated for thousands of years in India. 

by Sougata De on Tue Aug 04, 2015 5:49 am
Sougata De
Forum Contributor
stevenmajor wrote:The color balance looks way off. The unpainted skin tones are not true, they look to red to me, very noticeable in the shadows. I also think these beautiful woman are less attractive because of what they are doing.

Truly speaking I have not photoshopped the pic except for brightness and contrast adjustments. Therefore there is no question of un-natural colour of the skin tones.

Last edited by Sougata De on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Debapratim Saha on Tue Aug 04, 2015 12:13 pm
Debapratim Saha
Forum Contributor
Nice festive mood and the joy of 'Holi' expressed well with colourful and beautiful faces ....lovely image.
Photography is the only solace in life

by Gary Briney on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:24 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Sougata De wrote:
Gary Briney wrote:Looks like fun -- care to give us a little more background on what's happening here?

This pic was taken during 'Holi', the festival of colours in India. This festival is celebrated in spring to mark the end of winter and beginning of summer. This festival is celebrated for thousands of years in India. 
Thanks much for the additional information!
G. Briney

by SantaFeJoe on Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:41 am
SantaFeJoe
Forum Contributor
A fun looking scene! I like everything about it!!! Looks like pure happiness! Something that's lacking in the seriousness of the modern "new" world!

Joe
Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.  -Pablo Picasso

by micha on Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:33 pm
micha
Forum Contributor
SantaFeJoe wrote:A fun looking scene! I like everything about it!!! Looks like pure happiness! Something that's lacking in the seriousness of the modern "new" world!

Joe
Agree, very special!!
Micha Auerbach Photography,
www.michaauerbach.com

9 posts |