Living with Nature

Posted by Jens Peermann on Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:39 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 4 posts | 
The tower of Vikingsholm, a nordic castle at the west end of Lake Tahoe's Emerald Bay.

A7, 100/2 ZE @ f/11
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

Posted by:
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor

by Gary Briney on Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:07 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Very distinctive architecture -- it looks like a fun place to enjoy the seasons!
G. Briney

by James W. Milligan on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:24 pm
James W. Milligan
Lifetime Member
Member #:00249
A interesting structure and a beautiful setting.I would bet the dwelling would be a fun place to photograph.

by Jens Peermann on Sat Jun 27, 2015 4:54 pm
Jens Peermann
Forum Contributor
James W. Milligan wrote:I would bet the dwelling would be a fun place to photograph.
It is very challenging. The light is the problem. Because of the tall trees around it and the mountain landscape it is located in, the sunlight will reach it for only a few weeks prior and past the beginning of summer. The rest of the year the mountains block the low morning light and the tall trees block the light when the sun get high enough to clear the mountains. Most published images I have seen of Vikingsholm show the interior (which requires dealing with the California State Parks Department), and I don't remember ever seeing a photo of the entire building, which has 36 rooms in four wings that surround an inner court.

Taking images of architectural details is possible whenever a ray of light squeezes by the trees. And that is fun, indeed. :P
A great photograph is absorbed by the eyes and stored in the heart.

4 posts |