... Storm Chaser ...

Posted by the painter on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:19 pm

All times are UTC-05:00

Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
... Storm Chaser ...
it's just amazing to see how crazy nature can be, the waves were furious and it felt like I could be swept away in an instance if I was not alert. The spot beside me where a photographer was at, gone in a matter of second...
Details:
Focal- 17mm
Iso: 200
Shutter- from 1s-30s
F-stop- 7.1

Post- digital blending of 5 images to get the sky balanced out, darken down the sky a little to fit the mood I was going for. Boost of the glow at horizon and blended in the faster shutter of waves movement

Posted by:
the painter
Forum Contributor

by Gary Briney on Tue Jun 24, 2014 10:52 pm
Gary Briney
Lifetime Member
Member #:00336
Slightly surreal --- the effort put into combining exposures paid off handsomely. An impressive image!
G. Briney

by Jeff Dyck on Wed Jun 25, 2014 1:18 am
Jeff Dyck
Forum Contributor
A very dramatic landscape - love the soft water in the center portion of the image.. I am not particularly keen on the placement of the figure in the composition or that little rock jutting in on the left edge of the frame under them - I wish you'd panned left just a touch more.

by the painter on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:09 am
the painter
Forum Contributor
Gary Briney wrote:Slightly surreal --- the effort put into combining exposures paid off handsomely. An impressive image!

thanks mate appreciate that

by the painter on Wed Jun 25, 2014 4:10 am
the painter
Forum Contributor
Jeff Dyck wrote:A very dramatic landscape - love the soft water in the center portion of the image..  I am not particularly keen on the placement of the figure in the composition or that little rock jutting in on the left edge of the frame under them - I wish you'd panned left just a touch more.

Now that you said it, I wished I did. The little rock does stick out a little too much for me as well, will take note of the details next time thanks! 

5 posts |