« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by neverspook on Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:26 am
neverspook
Forum Contributor
So I sent some jpegs to a friend with detailed captions in the Description field under File Info in Photoshop. He needs to be able to read the captions but he is not a photographer so does not have PS, LR etc. I know how to access the metadata without such software using a PC. But he has a Mac and I do not, so I can't tell what to do. I imagine there is a simple way for him to see the captions and I am hoping someone here can tell me how.

Thanks,

Roberta Olenick
www.neverspook.com

by Joerg Rockenberger on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:43 am
Joerg Rockenberger
Forum Contributor
Roberta,

There might be a number of options. It depends a bit on which description field you're using in Photoshop... The following all provide at least some file info like title, keywords, EXIF info etc. in my case.

1) right-click and select Get Info from the pop-up menu
2) each Mac comes with an app called iPhoto (or Photo in later versions). Your friend will need to import the images and hopefully it reads the description field correctly.
3) open the images with Safari or Firefox which have an extension installed that allows viewing Exif info.

Hope that helps. Joerg

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:15 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
He can easily read the EXIF by simply going to this website:
http://exifdata.com/

by ChrisRoss on Wed Feb 10, 2016 5:48 pm
ChrisRoss
Forum Contributor
You can get a firefox plugin called Fxif data which will allow you to right click the image and see the data, there are probably quite a few plugins which will do this.
Chris Ross
Sydney
Australia
http://www.aus-natural.com   Instagram: @ausnaturalimages  Now offering Fine Art printing Services

by neverspook on Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:41 pm
neverspook
Forum Contributor
Thanks, everyone. I will pass this info on to my friend.

Roberta

5 posts |