All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Bob Ettinger on Sun Jan 31, 2016 3:19 pm
Bob Ettinger
Regional Moderator
Member #:00148
All of a sudden my screen saver started being intermittent. Sometimes it works and sometimes it does not. It was working without a problem for the longest time. I have searched the Internet without success.

I have tried all the following without success. This is a Windows 10 Pro OS (64bit) with a NvidiaGeForce GTX 550Ti video card. Monitor is a Dell 30" connecting via a Dual Link DVI.

-rebooting the PC
-removing the video driver and reinstalling
-updating the driver to the newest version
- removing the Logitech driver for the keyboard and mouse (wireless)

Just rebooted in safe mode and it appears to work. So any ideas which driver I should be looking at?

Any other ideas would be appreciated

Thanks

Bob
Bob Ettinger

by E.J. Peiker on Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:40 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Try this: Boot normally, right click on the blank part of the screen, select personalize and turn the screensaver off, then turn it back on.

by Bob Ettinger on Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:17 pm
Bob Ettinger
Regional Moderator
E.J. Peiker wrote:Try this:  Boot normally, right click on the blank part of the screen, select personalize and turn the screensaver off, then turn it back on.
Tried it and still not working
Bob Ettinger

by Mike Veltri on Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:32 am
Mike Veltri
Forum Contributor
Windows 10, go to Settings, Personalization, Lock-Screen, at the bottom go to Screensaver Settings.Click on Screen saver settings then Display settings, Monitor 1 and see if under monitor usage that screen saver is checked.

by Bob Ettinger on Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:05 pm
Bob Ettinger
Regional Moderator
Mike Veltri wrote:Windows 10, go to Settings, Personalization, Lock-Screen, at the bottom go to Screensaver Settings.Click on Screen saver settings then Display settings, Monitor 1 and see if under monitor usage that screen saver is checked.
Mike,

Tried it but it says there are no settings. I do have a screen saver and this is trying to set options for that screen saver

Thanks

Bob
Bob Ettinger

5 posts |