« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Blck-shouldered Kite on Mon Oct 12, 2015 11:30 am
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
that lead to a link or hyperlink such as in this article ? :

http://www.commondreams.org/views/2015/ ... use-mow-it

If you click onto the blue highlighted pieces of text that you can see throughout the piece, each leads to a link (is this what is called a hyperlink?).

I need to learn how to do this within both WordPress (.org) (my website) and OpenOffice (used to write within my mac; word for mac stinks).  Please help.  

Thank you.

by baldsparrow on Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:59 pm
baldsparrow
Forum Contributor
Wordpress ... highlight the text, click the paperclip icon in the tool bar above the edit pane, enter the web address in the small window that opens ... that's all there is to it.  See https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8xvMwpDkyM (a crummy instructional but it does the job)

OpenOffice/LibreOffice  ...  highlight the text, click the icon in the tool bar that looks like a couple of chain links (hover over it and a 'tooltip' will appear confirming you have the right icon), enter the web address in the small window that opens ... again, that's all there is to it.

(** agree - Word for anything stinks  :) )

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:22 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
Thanks, it sounds like you know exactly how to do it.  I greatly appreciate this.  But i do not see the paper clip on my edit page.   I see a bolded "b", an italicized i,  the word "link" underlined, and 11 other choices in that tool bar.  I do not see a paper clip.

Last edited by Blck-shouldered Kite on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Blck-shouldered Kite on Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:45 pm
Blck-shouldered Kite
Forum Contributor
It works! Fantastic tool in WordPress! I love it. I did not see the paperclip but in the youtube link you provided the guy did not click onto a paper clip…it was the chain link…and it works!!!!

Thank you so much. This is a wonderful tool to use for getting to references very quickly…..to back up my text. I just have to make sure my references are credible.

Yippeee!!!

by baldsparrow on Mon Oct 12, 2015 8:53 pm
baldsparrow
Forum Contributor
Sorry ... I wrote from memory. Yes, a chain in both apps, not a clip. Glad you got it working.

There are excellent online tutorials you can google for ... Pretty easy once you get used to,it

5 posts |