Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by Robert Sabin on Tue Sep 01, 2015 9:50 pm
Robert Sabin
Forum Contributor
I photographed a Stunning Red Rose Full Frame, 90 macro, 5D2, my best ever. When I opened in in CS6 the reds were blown out on the Histogram.
I took it to my expert enlarger and he opened it in Bridge and I had about an additional 1 million pixels, and the histogram showed plenty of room.

Although I am immensely relieved, I don't understand why this happened?

THXS!

Robert Sabin

by E.J. Peiker on Tue Sep 01, 2015 10:55 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Moved to Digital Forum.  

You need to change your Camera Raw preferences in ACR and then it will be reflected in Bridge when it renders the images.  Suggest the following:
Camera Neutral
Balance and Tint: As Shot
Contrast 25
Highlights -25
Shadows +25
Vibrance +10

Make this your camera RAW defaults which means that will be the starting point.  Bridge merely renders with whatever you have in your camera RAW settings.  This will now be your starting point for any RAW adjustments and you should not see much in the way of blown channels that aren't actually blown.

by Robert Sabin on Wed Sep 02, 2015 5:06 pm
Robert Sabin
Forum Contributor
I am an not knowledgeable about Digital. All I know is I Shot my 5D2 in Raw with AWB at Iso 200.
I opened it in Breeze Browser Pro and the Red was pegged at the Right, then CS6 from Breeze Browser Pro.
My Expert associate opened the same digital picture on the same card in Bridge, and the Red was just fine, and he got an additional 1 million pixels of information.
I don't know what ACR is. I use Breeze Browser Pro..

THXS Robert

by aolander on Thu Sep 03, 2015 9:03 am
aolander
Forum Contributor
Then the default adjustments on Breeze Browser Pro are too aggressive, and you need to change them. ACR (Adobe Camera Raw) is the RAW converter that comes with Photoshop. Bridge doesn't do any converting, ACR does, so your "expert" would probably be using ACR when he initially edits your images.
Alan Olander
Minnesota

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:57 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Wait, now you are talking about BreezeBrowser, your initial message made no mention of that and you asked about Bridge an Photoshop. So I really don't know for sure what you are asking and about which program. But if red is cooked in BBPro and it isn't in real then again it is probably the Picture Style you have selected in the camera that is transferring over to BB Pro but Bridge ignores that. Make sure your camera is set to the Neutral profile and turn the contrast to -2. Future pictures will probably not have that problem and even the current ones don't but since BBPro only reads the embedded JPEGs in the RAW file to generate its previews and histograms, it is giving you a false histogram.

by Robert Sabin on Fri Sep 04, 2015 2:54 am
Robert Sabin
Forum Contributor
Thank You E.J. You are absolutely correct...I see the Light....

6 posts |