All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 5 posts | 
by Ron Day on Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:04 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
I'm considering the NEC PA302W display, and I have read some reviews complaining about corner bleeding and black screen glowing.  I'm wondering if these are legitimate observations, or due to bad samples or improper calibration.  Any NEC PA302W users at NatureScapes?  I would really appreciate your input.  Thanks.

by DON RAILTON on Tue Jul 07, 2015 11:16 pm
DON RAILTON
Forum Contributor
Hi Ron

I have a recently acquired PA302W. It took me 4 goes to get one with "0" pixel defect as promised when i bought it, but I am now very happy with what i have. I have not heard or or seen examples of what you are describing on any of the monitors that went across my desk in the process of finding one without a pixel defect. I calibrated it again last night and spent time playing in PS with black and near black squares and also white and near white squares. I am able to decern the difference between 250 & 252 and 255, both on the screen and the printed sheet looked identical... At the dark end my spacing was larger and 8 vs 16 was quite visible. I ran out of time to make the black squares closer, but I am happy with what I found anyway..

DON

by Steve Cirone on Wed Jul 08, 2015 9:46 am
Steve Cirone
Lifetime Member
Member #:00583
The number of different offerings in 30" computer monitors from NEC is mind boggling.  And the prices seem to range from about $900 up to $2300. 

Personally I have a 30" Spectraview NEC and I am not sure of the model #.  Several years ago I got it under the direction of EJ, so I did not screw up on the order, because I do not know about all these fancy specs, nor do I care to know. 

My main concerns are clarity, accurate color, and a ton of real estate.  I got all of that with this monitor. 

DAILY IMAGE GALLERY:  https://www.facebook.com/steve.cirone.1

IMAGE GALLERY ARCHIVES WITH EXIF: https://www.flickr.com/photos/stevecirone/

by E.J. Peiker on Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:59 am
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Steve Cirone wrote:The number of different offerings in 30" computer monitors from NEC is mind boggling.  And the prices seem to range from about $900 up to $2300. 

Personally I have a 30" Spectraview NEC and I am not sure of the model #.  Several years ago I got it under the direction of EJ, so I did not screw up on the order, because I do not know about all these fancy specs, nor do I care to know. 

My main concerns are clarity, accurate color, and a ton of real estate.  I got all of that with this monitor. 
You have the predecessor to the current top of the line 30" NEC.

by Ron Day on Thu Jul 09, 2015 1:04 pm
Ron Day
Lifetime Member
Member #:00819
Thanks for the feedback. Don pm sent.

5 posts |