Moderator: E.J. Peiker

All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 8 posts | 
by John P on Wed May 06, 2015 8:55 am
John P
Forum Contributor
I have still been on LR 4 but now want to upgrade to LR 6, so just a couple of questions! Is there a upgrade LR 6 and will it upgrade from my LR 4 or do I have to purchase the full LR 6 since I am not on LR 5. I am not part of CC but I understand that if you buy the stand alone their will be no upgrades to LR 6 only if you are  part of the CC. I will assume regardless of how I get LR 6 my catalogs should transfer from LR 4 to LR 6?? 
Thanks in advance!
John P
www.impressionsofnature.net

by aolander on Wed May 06, 2015 5:32 pm
aolander
Forum Contributor
The stand-alone product has been difficult for people to find but go to this page:

http://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/s ... pular.html

If you scroll down to Photoshop Lightroom 6 and click on "Buy", you'll get a drop-down menu where you can select "Full" or "Upgrade", and also where you need to select which Lightroom you now own.  The upgrade is $79.  Note above that a bit is the "Creative Cloud Photography Plan" for $9.99 a month which includes Photoshop CC and Lightroom CC (aka LR 6).
Alan Olander
Minnesota

by mikeojohnson on Wed May 06, 2015 6:58 pm
mikeojohnson
Lifetime Member
Member #:00374
Not trying to hijack this thread, but I am finding LR6 to be significantly slower in many areas than LR5. There is a thread on the Adobe forums that has a lot of posts. Apparently, the use of the graphics cards hasn't worked as well as they thought. Also, importing and several other tasks take more time. So far, it hasn't proven to be an improvement to me.
mike
"Photography intensifies the experience of life"
http://www.mojphoto.com

by Andy Trowbridge on Thu May 07, 2015 5:27 am
Andy Trowbridge
Forum Contributor
mikeojohnson wrote:Not trying to hijack this thread, but I am finding LR6 to be significantly slower in many areas than LR5.  There is a thread on the Adobe forums that has a lot of posts.  Apparently, the use of the graphics cards hasn't worked as well as they thought.  Also, importing and several other tasks take more time.  So far, it hasn't proven to be an improvement to me.
mike
I'm seeing the same thing, in general slower than LR5.
All comments & suggestions welcomed and appreciated.

Andy Trowbridge http://www.andytrowbridge.com 
Facebook Page https://www.facebook.com/AndyTrowbridgePhotography

by Jeff Colburn on Thu May 07, 2015 4:58 pm
Jeff Colburn
Forum Contributor
I've heard that LR6 is actually a beta version. There was a rush to get it out and they couldn't finish it completely before it was released. Many people complain that it's slower than LR5.7. Sometimes it's fine at first, then slows down. Other times it's slow right out of the box.

I'm waiting for LR6.1

Have Fun,
Jeff
Fine Art Prints and Stock Photography of Arizona www.JeffColburn.com See my ebooks in the NatureScapes Store.

by whitehead on Thu May 07, 2015 8:29 pm
whitehead
Forum Contributor
My experience so far (am in the process of learning LR before migrating from Aperture) on a 2 year old iMac is its not that fast. I see no improvement from LR5 either in speed.

by pablo on Wed May 13, 2015 3:08 pm
pablo
Forum Contributor
Have not noticed any change going newest LR. FWIW, I am on SSD C: drive in Win7.

by DOglesby on Thu May 14, 2015 8:41 pm
DOglesby
Lifetime Member
Member #:01155
I haven't noticed a difference in speed. Seems like it performs just like LR5 did for me.
Cheers,
Doug

8 posts |