All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by signgrap on Thu Apr 30, 2015 3:12 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Member #:00424
Adobe apparently has changed their policy in reference to how many active installations of Lightroom one can have in version 6.  Previously I was able to install Lightroom on at least 4 computers without a problem.  With Lightroom 6 I was asked to "deactivate" one of the 2 other installs of Lightroom 6 that I previously did.  I cannot find "deactivate" listed on the help menu or any of the other menus in this new version.  Does anyone know how you were supposed to deactivate Lightroom 6 ? I have searched the Adobe website and all I can find is deactivate is located under the Help in other Adobe software.
Dick Ludwig

by Anthony Medici on Thu Apr 30, 2015 4:44 pm
Anthony Medici
Lifetime Member
Member #:00012
As near as I can tell, you can't deactivate Lightroom 6. All the online help seems to indicate that Lightroom CC can be deactivated. If it is there, it is in the help menu. (If you have photoshop, you'll see it there.)
Tony

by signgrap on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:01 pm
signgrap
Lifetime Member
Anthony Medici wrote:As near as I can tell, you can't deactivate Lightroom 6. All the online help seems to indicate that Lightroom CC can be deactivated. If it is there, it is in the help menu. (If you have photoshop, you'll see it there.)
That is what I see in PS also but this is LR 6 perpetual and as I said this is the first time I've had an issue like this with LR and installing it on more than 2 computers. The install stops and says I must deactivate one of my prior installs of LR 6 before allowing the install to continue (it is close to the end of the install when it stops the process). 
Dick Ludwig

by E.J. Peiker on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:25 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
perpetual ;) :mrgreen:

by Anthony Medici on Thu Apr 30, 2015 8:50 pm
Anthony Medici
Lifetime Member
Member #:00012
Just to review somethings.

What OS are you installing on?
During the installation process, has it asked for the SN before it generates this message?
How many machines do you have it running on so far?
Where did you get the installation package from?
Do you use CC at all? 
Tony

by signgrap on Fri May 01, 2015 8:35 am
signgrap
Lifetime Member
OK found my mistake :oops:
Under Help I was looking for Deactivate which is what the message said I should do (just like you do in PS).
Well in LR you Sign Out to Deactivate. 
Kept looking at Sign Out (followed by my email) and it didn't register that this was Deactivate because I was fixated on the word Deactivate.
Thanks for your assistance. 
Dick Ludwig

6 posts |