All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 3 posts | 
by joseph motto on Sat Apr 25, 2015 9:43 am
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
I purchased the Nik collection and installed it not long ago. When Microsoft did some updates and shut down my desktop afterward and closed out PS I found that Nik had disappeared completely from PS. When I went back to and ran my download it had me shut down PS and LR first, run the application, and then it was back on PS. But anytime I shut down my computer (or Microsoft does) Nik is gone and I have to go through the same rigamarole to get it back. Can someone point out to me the way to lock Nik into PS so it is always there when I open it? 
joseph motto
NSN 0091

by goldingd on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:12 pm
goldingd
Forum Contributor
While I suspect an issue with your MS Windows registry, I think it would me wise to give the Google/NIK support staff a phone call.

Oh, and check your NIK software version against what is available at Gogle/NIK, never know.

But returning to the more likely issue of a registry issue. I suspect they will reccomend a complete removal of NIK (not just a reinstall on top of what is already on your hard drive). This might be more involved than the normal Add/Remove software process, so give them a call. A cold boot (shut the PC down, then power it back up, as to clear RAM) and then a fresh install of NIK. 

by joseph motto on Mon Apr 27, 2015 5:45 pm
joseph motto
Lifetime Member
Member #:00091
Google Nik was quite prompt and quite helpful. A reinstallation with an updated version corrected my problems. Thanks for your help.
joseph motto
NSN 0091

3 posts |