All times are UTC-05:00

« Previous topic | Next topic »  
Reply to topic  
 First unread post  | 6 posts | 
by RLK on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:10 pm
RLK
Forum Contributor
Member #:01370
I have been using DPP 4.1.1 for downloading and processing images from my 7D2 without issues. However I also shoot with my 1D4 quite a bit. DPP4.1.1 will not let me process these images. I get blurry thumbnails which are reduced to tiny images when I open Edit Image Window. Also it shows a small circle with a line through it next to a small pencil above the thumbnails. Does this mean that I am screwing up somehow or has Canon not added provisions for its previous models (the 1D4 is not that old of a model and has been my workhorse for some time)
Supposedly there will be a new update (DPP 4.1.5) coming that will be compatible with older cameras and on one forum I visited it states it is available in Europe. I have checked the Canon sites and there is no information at all.

Additionally, I cannot download any images from my 1D4  to Adobe Bridge since downloading DPP 4.1.1. This was my common practice before I bought the 7D2. Therefore I have a backlog of 1D4 images that I can't seem to process.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bob
Bob Kothenbeutel
Website (under construction) www.rlkimages.photoshelter.com

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Apr 24, 2015 2:24 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
Rather than downloading the 1D4 images using a downloader program liek the one that is part of DPP, just copy them from a card into a folder on the computer.  You will then have access to them in Bridge.

by RLK on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:44 pm
RLK
Forum Contributor
Member #:01370
Thanks EJ. I will give that a try. I'm just frustrated with all of the time and monkeying around I have spent with this issue.
Bob
Bob Kothenbeutel
Website (under construction) www.rlkimages.photoshelter.com

by E.J. Peiker on Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:58 pm
E.J. Peiker
Senior Technical Editor
Member #:00002
The problem with multiple programs that have downloaders built in are things like this. This is one of the reasons I don't use any of the downloaders in any of my software - I probably have 5 or 6 programs that have automated downloading as a feature. I just attach the card, create a folder where I want it with the name I want it and drag them over which initiates the copy command. you can then point any of the photo programs to that folder and you won't have a problem.

by bryantjl on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:36 am
bryantjl
Forum Contributor
DPP 4.1.1 does not work with images from a 1D Mark IV. You need to keep a copy of DPP 3.13.51 which is the last version to work with a 1Dm4. This is a real pain if you are shooting with a 1Dm4 and a 1DX on the same shoot and want to process them together in DPP.

by bryantjl on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:54 am
bryantjl
Forum Contributor
Looks like you can update to 4.2.10 and that will work for both cameras.

6 posts |